Bike theft

edited May 2011 in Local discussion
The rims, tyres, and cassette for my bike (and neighbours) were stolen this past weekend. We live at 82 Upper Tollington.

Just wanted to post a notification so others might have a chance to better protect their valuables.

Be safe

Comments

• edited 9:06AM
    So sorry to hear about your bike-bits theft.You can report this to the police in our area on 020 8721 2837 (Stroud Green Safer Neighbourhood Team).
    Was your bike locked indoors or outdoors?
    Sorry to hear about this heatermat, I had my bike stolen last week from outside our flat on Stapleton Hall. My hubby had borrowed it and had 'trouble locking it' in the 15 mins it was unlocked in the front garden it vanished.

I have also noticed the bike out side sainsburys is being striped of its parts.
    I'm sorry about the theft but the one thing you don't do round here is leave your bike unlocked. I've seen people looking into front gardens at bikes that are locked (probably to come back to bang open the locks). I guess if you've moved round here in the last few years it can seem fairly easy going. It has become more gentrified but there are still a lot of people looking out to rob what you got.
  • edited May 2011
    edit- my above comment got duplicated
    Yes, the bike was locked and in the front garden. I've reported this incident to the police.

Anyone know where the bikes and parts are being dealt? There must be a local bike shop that the thieves use as a 'fence'.

Cheerz
    Brick lane market on sunday.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I once caught some little toe rags trying to saw through the lock that secured my back to a lean-to in my garden. I chased them off and they came back with a knife....I wouldn't mind but I had been wanting someone to steal that bike for ages and they only got away with a wheel or two!
    @heatermatt were your tyres also locked with other parts of the bike? im really sorry to hear about the theft
    My wheels were not locked, only the frame.