Bank Holiday

edited May 2011 in Local discussion
Anything good happening? Either round here or a short drive away.

Comments

• edited 1:38AM
    This guy posts lots of interesting (well, for those who are interested in heritage events, organised walks and other random miscellany) stuff upcoming:
    http://www.ianvisits.co.uk/
    Updates for the next week usually come on Thursday/Friday.
    we are doing Luton carnival parade - just a 'short' train journey. Samba on bank holiday is the best :)
    Thanks for this. I was hoping for something in a park that you could bumble around and perhaps have a beer. Like a pocket Notting Hill/Lovebox or I don't know, a big market.
    I would like a big market too!

Its my birthday on Sunday so think all SG should celebrate with a drink of their choice ;)
    Cheers toddlesocks, mines a cup of tea.
    Mine too Taff :)

(At the moment with a piece of Tescos light choices Mandarin cheesecake :o )

I am the only one that's finding it hard to believe we are at the end of May already ?
    Tom here from the Silver Bullet. It's our 1st birthday on Sunday, so we're having a big party.

DJs playing party tunes all night long (The Loose Cannons are headlining)

Free BBQ from 7-9pm - free burger with entry
    Free facepainting, vodka jelly & bday cake.

Open 7pm-3am, £3 in adv/£5 on the door

I wouldn't normally indulge in flagrant advertising on this forum, but you did ask, andy!

Tell you what, if you say you heard about it through SG.org, you can get in for £3 on the door instead of £5. Which still includes your burger, bday cake & vodka jelly!

Oh, and it's recommended by Time Out...
    http://www.timeout.com/london/clubs/event/226984/the-silver-bullet-first-birthday

(great day to have a b'day, Toddlesocks, and yes - apparently it's June next week - wtf?!)
    (and before we get into a debate about Milton Friedman's economic views, I know those bits & bobs aren't strictly 'free', since you still have to pay a few quid to get in!)