Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Neighbourhood watch meeting TONIGHT 8th June (sorry, I got the date wrong) 7pm, Old Dairy

edited June 2011 in Local discussion
I got sent this today, I think it's for residents of Corbyn/Thorpdale/Almington/Breacy, but I thought I'd share.

I've not been to anything like this before, but it might be of general interest to SG.orgers beyond these streets? Actually, as it's in a pub, it should be of interest to most of you lot on here!

I would like to remind you all about our next Neighbourhood Watch meeting that will take place on the
8th June, in The Old Dairy from 7pm.
Please come to the back room that opens from the restaurant part of the pub. You can pick up your drink from the bar on the way if you wish and have an excuse for a midweek pint.

Please, think about what we, as a group, would like to achieve with our Neighbourhood Watch and how we are going to do so.
You may want to ask questions or tell your problems to Sally from the Metropolitan Police, who is supporting the Neighbourhood Watch program on behalf of the police.

Suggested topics for the meeting:
Hear about the increasing gang crime problem in the area from the police
What do we know about it and what can we do
What to do with dog fouling and rubbish dumping on our streets
How to increase the safety of our streets and prevent crime
What needs to be done to improve our area
How "to be a good neighbour and look out for each other"

Comments

• gemgem
    edited 3:03PM
    Thank you for informing us missisclack.
    We should all try to go to this. Crime is prevailing in the area and we need to do our bit to prevent it!
  • edited June 2011
    We had our local Neighbourhood Watch meeting last week. The whole point is to have small close-knit communities. If the catchment area is too big it becomes self-defeating. It's worth attending the above meeting only if you're in the catchment area.

The local police's Safer Neighbourhood Team are the folks reaponsible for facilitating Neighbourhood Watch meetings. I'll dig out the contact details and stick them in the next post.
  • edited 3:03PM
    mailto:tollingtonward-in@met.police.uk
  • gemgem
    edited 3:03PM
    It makes sense, thanks for the info poxy.