BMF - free two-week trial

Does anyone want a free 2-week trial for British Military Fitness? They run a boot camp in Finsbury Park 3 days a week. I've been going, on and off, for four years.

Usually, they offer the first class free. But now you can get two weeks' worth of classes. From what I understand, you don't have to commit to anything past that. But you should probably read the T&C more carefully than I did.

Whisper your e-mail address if you're interested, and I'll forward you the offer. You have to sign up for the trial by this Sunday.

Comments

• edited 5:08AM
    I love their 'therapistfinder'-style misreadable web address britmilfit.com
    They seem to have extended the offer to the end of the month, in case anyone else is interested. The groups are getting pretty big now. I hope they'll add some more nights. I'm much too lazy to go to one of the other locations.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The backpacks aren't empty. They carry water bottles for the group. Probably a first-aid kit, too. Sometimes, they make you carry the bag. It's not light. (Or maybe I'm just weak.)

The slow (blue) group is mostly women. The fast (green) group is mostly blokes. The middle group (red) is a mix. My guess is that a lot of the women join in hopes of meeting a fit guy. (They join gyms for the same reason.) They have monthly socials. I've never been to one, so I can only guess what sort of embarrassing things happen after a few pints.

If you're a woman in your late-30s, I wouldn't recommend BMF as a place to meet men. However, if you're a man looking to meet a woman in her 30s, you might be in luck.
    @R_C True. I've heard that the BMF red class is pretty much a middle-class disease vector.
    It does happen. I have a friend ; ) who met his "future wife" at a sports related group. They're expecting their first nipper in a couple of months.
    Are there people who go to bootcamp and don't spend the whole thing gasping, red in the face and swearing like a sailor? Maybe I am just horribly unfit but I imaging I look fairly terrifying and not at all alluring when I am there.
    I cycled past the red group who were doing some sort of press/sit-ups last night, and they were nearly all gasping and red in the face - was it you JaneDoe? Alpha Dog club were also doing their thing, so I stopped to watch that for a minute - always entertaining.
    @R_C are you a member of any gym? im loving the guesses :)
    Not me last night - I have been going to Peak IX fitness which is on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. We did attract one of the local drinkers on Monday who came to stare at us doing sit-ups in the rain and threatened to wee in our water bottles.

The best thing about Sunday bootcamp is that it finishes just before the dog training starts up, so I can cool down while admiring a fine array of dogs.
  • edited June 2011
    @JaneDoe - If you're not gasping and swearing like a sailor, it might be time to move up to the greens. I'm in really lousy shape, so I always feel like I'm going to die.

What's the Peak boot camp like? It's more than twice as expensive as BMF.

@Margolada - Tried several different gyms. Didn't like any of them. BMF is much more fun. I like being shouted at.
    @rainbow_carnage - it is the first bootcamp I have done so I don't really have anything to compare too. I am doing it on a Groupon deal that expires soon. There is only 1 group and up to 3 instructors. They do a warm up, circuits then sprinting races etc followed by cool down. I like it because I really hate running for any length of time the the short burst of running seem manageable. The circuits include skipping, boxing, kettlebells, press-ups etc and it has been very varied each time I have been. They seem to go for encouragement more than shouting.