The W.I.

Comments

• I missed them in the Dairy too, but caught up finally after checking email. The Sugar Lounge worked out ok. That frying smell really does get bad at the back though.<br> <br> How about the highly unglamorous Nic Nic on Ferme Park Road? We would probably increase their annual female visitor tally by 50% just with one visit. I quite like it in there, and they're friendly enough to let you buy pizza from next door and eat it at their tables. I'm guessing the room on the side is likely to have zero customers on a Tuesday night. It's pretty bright in there too. We could bring bunting to WI it up a bit! They would probably think we were mad.<br><br>Wouldn't mind trying Ajani though, it's near to me and I haven't been in there yet.<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • <p>Perhaps some of us should have a look at The Nickleby's room and the room at St Mell's so that we can book in time for our next meeting on Jan 10th. Ajani is really good, but I'm not sure how it would work for meetings.</p><p> I am working Christmas late shifts all week apart from Weds, but can do any evening next week or this weekend. I'll email everyone.</p><p>Bunting would be fab!</p>
  • Err do you need Lube to have it "up the back" in the WLM?
  • I was thinking of the Sacristy in St Mellitus rather than the hall. One of our members has used it before, apparently very good.
  • MissAnnie, I think I have found a place, I have emailed you.
  • <p>This month's Women's Institute meeting will be on Tuesday 10th Jan at 7.30. We hope that this will be the meeting where we are formalised as a W.I. as the officials are being chosen this week. We will then continue to meet once a month with a programme of talks from local people - historians, artists, explorers etc. (open to anyone including non W.I. folk), crafts, demonstrations,and activities. </p><p>This is a brand new W.I., we have a fantastic group of interesting and talented women from diverse backgrounds so far and would love some more members. If you would like to join the W.I. or just find out a bit more please join us. It is open to all women in N4, N8 and surrounding areas.</p><p>Venue TBA as our current venue doesn't quite fit the bill. I will post here as soon as it's confirmed, it will be in the SG area.</p>
  • The meetings always seem to clash with something else :(<br>
  • They are on a fixed date - second Tuesday in each month as agreed at our first meeting. This will hopefully help people to plan their schedules.
  • Wont be able to come on the 10th, but free on the 14th feb,Yay! Please let me know where it will be held.
  • Hi, did you decide on a venue yet? Hope you managed to appoint the officials.<br>
  • Drat. That's when my book club is. Oh well, I'm sure you'll manage without me. 
  • <p>Sorry to hear that Mirandola, I only knew of the Thursday book club from here. Hope you can come next time.</p><p>There are two brilliant potential venues but neither are free this Tuesday!</p><p>Might have to do this one at the Dairy and then take up residence in our new venue from next month. I'll be sending an SGWI email later this evening. Look froward to seeing everyone.</p>
  • @miss annie: my front room is free! Can do tea/coffee/bikkies. I've emailed you the address.<br>
  • Miss annie,<br>will you post venue details here as well as me and friend are interested to come along<br>
  • I can't make this one, but next month's is in the calendar.<br>
  • The WI meeting tomorrow night is at my house. Whisper me for the address.<br>
  • <p>Huge thanks for volunteering to host us, hopefully we'll be in our new permanent venue from next month - exciting! Any interested members should email me at <a href="mailto:StroudGreenWI@yahoo.com">StroudGreenWI@yahoo.com</a> to be included in the mailing list and get all of our news.</p><p>Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow at 7.30.</p>
  • <p>Thank you all for coming tonight. It's so exciting to be an official W.I. now! We have so many great ideas for activities and talks now thanks to you - it just remains for us to put them together in a programme for the year.</p><p>As discussed our next meeting will be on February 7th to avoid clashing with half term and Valentine's Day and then we will return to the second Tuesday of each month.</p><p>Thanks to Lorna for the use of her beautiful house, to everyone who brought wine, sloe gin and cake, to Deborah for the fascinating talk about Bruce Castle museum and it's contents and history and to everyone for their enthusiasm and input. I'm proud of us. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
  • Darn, am working on the 7th... May pull a sickie, for the great Stroud green W.I.
  • <P>Further to missannie's post on Jan 9, the e-mail address for Stroud Green WI is:</P> <P><A href="mailto:stroudgreenwi@yahoo.co.uk">stroudgreenwi@yahoo.co.uk</A> (not .com).</P> <P>See you all on Feb 7 - am hoping to sort out the venue this week!</P>
  • Hello everyone, I've been following the thread for ages and keep meaning to come along. I'd love to come to the meeting next week, could you advise where it will be? emailed 'StroudGreenWI@yahoo.com' but message bounced back. Many thanks Leah
  • edited February 2012
    <p>Yes sorry, I incorrectly put the email as .com, it's .co.uk. Do try again, we'd love to meet you.</p><p>We usually meet on the second Tuesday of each month but have changed this month due to half term and Valentines Day.</p><p>So, It's next Tuesday - 7th, at 7.30and we are using in the meeting room at St. Peter in Chains, Wormersley Rd, N8. We want to have The Hideaway as our permanent venue, but are still negotiating with the school on availablility so we're in temporary homes for the time being. </p><p>Send us an email and we'll let you know about all our activities. We are working on our calendar for the year and have lots of great stuff coming up. </p><p>Hope to hear from you soon!</p><p> </p>
  • Thanks, I've emailed you now. Leah
  • We are awaiting a move to our permanent venue. We have three experienced journalists in our group so look out for lots more press and news.