The Old Dairy Refurb

edited July 2011 in Local discussion
Without trying to make too much of a plug !

Our kitchen will be closed from Monday 11th July until Friday 22nd July.

The pub will be completely closed from Monday 18th until Friday 22nd July

We are completely refurbishing our ladies toilets, having a well needed redecoration of the pub itself and improving our current kitchen facilities.

Our grand re-opening will be from 8pm on Friday the 22nd July and we would love you to all join us here for complimentary light bites & refreshments.

It would also be great if you could whisper me your comments & constructive criticism on things we could do better here ?

Also please follow us on twitter for upcoming offers. Including free Iced takeaway frappes !!! Twitter @theolddairy1

Cheers Adam & The dairy team

Comments

• KazKaz
    edited 10:33AM
    Popped in yesterday for the re-opening. I feel about a 100 years old now (I'm not even close) but what was with the loud music? We left after a few because we couldn't have a conversation. Shame. But thanks for the free food!
  • edited 10:33AM
    Hi Kaz

Apologies for the invasive music. I was trying to do something a bit different and chose a DJ who we don't normally use, hence the style of music and volume.

I did adjust the sound accordingly but obviously not enough.

Hope to see you again soon though.

Regards Adam
    Drat, I forgot! Be in soon for a nosey round.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KazKaz
    Thanks for your response Adam, I really liked the dj, but it was just so loud the four of us couldn't hear each other. It did seem to empty out as well, so maybe we weren't the only ones thinking the same.

I agree with Misscara, I go to a pub to chat with my friends, if I want to go dancing/listen to loud music I go to a club.

The toilets look really nice though, massive improvement! And we will be back, it is a very nice pub!
    I was in on Saturday, didn't notice much of a difference (although I never went to the loo) but nice food and a great pint of pale ale. Nothing beats watching Sport or the beer garden in the Fullback, but I really like the vibe in the Dairy, and its a much better pint.
  • edited August 2011
    Menu is still nice. Bit of eggshell in the front room.

Edit:tall fair-haired bar man was great tho
    Good to hear that Ed will be popular MIsscara, he is great new addition to the team and very knowledgeable.

As for the music I will continue to monitor the sound levels.

I appreciate that no one wants a dance club and neither do we !. We would normally play a mixed bag of tunes & personally I am a big fan of eighties.

We use a dj in the main bar area to try and create an atmosphere and get people in a party mood on Friday nights & some Saturdays. The lounge area and restaurant are always kept much quieter for those who want to eat & chat

On the night in question we used a Dj who played more house music and club style music, which is our style and wont happen again.

Hope we see you all soon
    I'll be resuming my Italian conversation classes there on Monday, so if you could lay on something Italian early evening - say a bit of Franco Battiato - that would be lovely.
  • AliAli
    I see that the WLM has a competitive response to Ed that you ladies might like to check out. He is the new young Spanish or Portuguese barman who names begins with V (didn’t have my specs so couldn’t read his name when it flashed up on the till) !
    Vitalis, is it? He served me while I was in with SGC on Monday. Seemed affable enough, but needed a grown-up's assistance to access the vegetarian options on the till, and really not that hot.
    theolddairy you like 80's music you say. Here's a 80's mix I did a little while back - <http://soundcloud.com/matt-itchysoul/matt-young-80s-mix-march-2011>; njoy! :)