Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Message from Haringey Borough Commander

Haringey Borough Commander Detective Chief Superintendent Sandra Looby said: "I have been to look at the damage in Tottenham High Road personally and I was present in Haringey on the day of the tragic set of circumstances that led to the death of Mark Duggan.

"The subsequent disorder is completely unacceptable and does not reflect the Haringey that we live and work in or visit on a day to day basis.

"I am working alongside the local authority, key partners, and importantly the community in not only planning to return the borough to normality but to do everything we can to prevent this happening again."

"I want to pay particular thanks to the front line emergency services, the bravery of my staff on the streets and also the sometimes forgotten backroom staff who are striving hard to return the borough to the great place that it is."

"I urge the community to join us in condemning the violent disorder that witnessed over recent days and to provide police with any images or information you may have regarding who was responsible. Operation Withern is investigating the disorder and violence in parts of London. An incident room has been set up. Anyone with information should call the Major Investigation Team on 020 8345 4142. Information can also be passed to police anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."