Wordpress help!

edited August 2011 in Local discussion
I am setting up a new business and was wondering if anyone local could give me some advice advice on how to customise a wordpress theme and upload the site via ftp - I know the basics of wordpress and css etc but require someone to guide me on some of the technical aspects - is there a student / developer / designer living locally that could help me? I live and work off stroud green road and can pay around £20 per hour. You can email me at jaisahota@gmail.com Thanks!

Comments

• edited 4:58AM
    Don't you have your FTP details already via your webhost? Some webhosts also offer a "one-click install" for Wordpress which is very straightforward.

I haven't tinkered with too many Wordpress themes but have installed it on plenty of sites....
    Hiya, I might be able to help you out if you still need assistance. I'll drop you a line so I can get a bit more info and ask my work colleagues.
  • edited August 2011
    I had similar issues about three months ago - didn't really know where to start. I wanted Wordpress on an existing domain but found it too complicated to upload myself by FTP. Turned out the easiest thing was to get an account with a dedicated host company that does virtually nothing but host Wordpress sites - I switched the account to bluehost.com which is cheap and no hassle at all (practically one click) to install Wordpress on your own domain name. It took five minutes and is all working brilliantly. Good customer service too. Haven't played around with the configuration much but I imagine that's all easy enough.
    Hey there, I design sites in WordPress. Happy to help. If I don't know the answer then one of my developers will. I also have friends who run their own theme business.

I also know a UK based dedicated WordPress host if that helps.