iPads

edited August 2011 in Local discussion
Hello chaps, happy Friday to you. I'm working on a little project that I need a bit of help with please. I'm trying to make covers for iPads to go alongside my Kindle covers but I'm not sure whether to do them for the iPad 1 or 2? There is only a very small difference in size but I want to do one or the other and I'm not sure which. Does anyone have one and which one do you have? Also, once I've made a couple of covers I would really appreciate it if I could take a photo of an iPad in the cover. It would take about five minutes if anyone is happy to meet me somewhere so that I can take a picture. There will of course be a little gift to say thank you. Ta Miss A

Comments

• edited 2:44AM
    I've got an iPad "1", I've seen a few friends with 2s who use their old cases so it should be possible to make cases which fit either. I've generally seen more "1"s about, so it's hard to say which would be better to design for!

My iPad is terribly photogenic should you need.... ;)
  • edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    If you had to choose between iPad 1 or 2, it would be make more sense to pick the latest model.

It's likely that iPad 1 owners would've already purchased a cover.
    Also, most iPads being purchased currently would be an iPad 2.

Any future versions of the iPad would more likely have dimensions that are closer to the iPad 2 than the iPad 1.

Good luck!