Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Finsbury Park Track and club house- ideas urgently needed for sources of income

edited August 2011 in Local discussion
The following plea for help has appeared on the members only forum at London Heathside Athletics Club:

Members may be aware that the club is getting assistance from a leisure management consultant in working up a report that will provide us with information on capital improvements to the track. It will also outline a costed business plan on how we might manage the track in future. The main thrust is that we will need to improve the trading position by at least £50k per year. Additional income from track bookings may help but the area with greatest income potential is the large hall within the changing room block. We can of course make better use of it ourselves but please put on your thinking caps and let me know (by Monday22nd August if possible) of any great schemes. We aim to attract some money to improve/adapt and alter the building so get thinking.

If any members of stroudgreen.org have any bright ideas please post them here and/or email them to roarster@sky.com or s.woolf@londonheathside.org.uk

Comments

• edited 9:42AM
    Although this might not be in the spirit of London Heathside club, it would be absolutely brilliant to open access to the roof area again, and put some kind of bar on top. Fantastic views over north London, no neighbours to piss off, and would probably make an absolute fortune during the summer.

Plus, if that pitch is relaid, quite a few football clubs (mine included) would probably pay several hundred quid a year to use the pitch (as well as any bar). I don't know how much the american football lot who already use it pay though.
  • KazKaz
    edited 9:42AM
    What are the dimensions of the large hall (In metres if poss)? And what flooring does it have? Is it sprung or just concrete with lino over it?