Am so annoyed with Haringey re: Visitor's Parking Permits! Grrr

2»

Comments

• edited 12:13AM
    I heard a rumour that the implementation of this may be delayed because it's become a bit of a mess.
    I think there was a real disconnect between the people issuing permits and the people in charge of changing the CPZ. It's ridiculous that you have to exchange by post, by a certain date - why couldn't they be more flexible? And that you could buy permits in August saying they were valid until 2015 that would actually need to be exchanged by mid-October.
    Mine arrived yesterday put through the door by hand, without a stamp or anything. It is ironic how much effort the council is putting into the parking, and how little they put into saving Jamboree play huts for example.
    Mine were sent back second class about a week ago and came back scarily quickly with either a personalised or at least partly customised proforma letter. Funny how revenue-earning activities are run so much more efficiently than other ones...
    Sounds like there are lots of residents trying to contact Parking Services to find out wtf they're supposed to do if their permits have not arrived.

25 minutes waiting time on the phone...

It's going to be a bumper weekend for parking tickets in the borough.
  • edited October 2011
    I put my shiny new Finsbury Park C permit on my car on Lorne Road today - and got a warning notice from a traffic warden! The notice says that the vehicle is displaying an old Finsbury Park resident permit - even though it clearly said Finsbury Park C on the permit! On the back she wrote V443LJM, T305NJN, V002VPZ. The sign outside says Finsbury Park C parking, that's what it said on the permit, why am I being issued with warning notices? Anyway the warning notice says that you won't be penalised for displaying the wrong permit until 28th October. VERY WORRYING though.
    You know when the postman puts one of those red missed-delivery cards through your door, and you're vaguely worried for days that someone's suing you or summonsing you or otherwise going to mess with your head because why else would they require a signature for a bit of post? Well today I finally had time to go to the post office when it's open and pick up my missive - which turned out to be a big envelope of replacement parking vouchers. Only odd thing about that is that that (see 3 posts up) I'd already had my replacements - so this is a duplicate set. Brilliant organisation LB Haringey... ...now I've got to send the stupid things back...
    still not got my replacement parking vouchers despite sending them recorded delivery over 3 weeks ago. so far today i've spoken to 5 different people, been promised to be called back (absolutely and definitely) before 12 (they didn't), before 3 (they didn't) and before 5 (they didn't)
    FURIOUS :(
  • edited December 2017
  • <div><span style="color: rgb(35, 31, 32); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Here you go:</span></div><div><a href="https://live.esd.ce.civicahosting.co.uk/Haringey/Permits/PurchasePermitVoucher.aspx">https://live.esd.ce.civicahosting.co.uk/Haringey/Permits/PurchasePermitVoucher.aspx</a>; </div><span style="color: rgb(35, 31, 32); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><div><span style="color: rgb(35, 31, 32); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br></span></div>You'll need to register first by emailing </span><a href="mailto:permits-vouchers@haringey.gov.uk" title="permits-vouchers@haringey.gov.uk" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(29, 114, 109); font-weight: bold; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; text-align: left; ">permits-vouchers@haringey.gov.uk</a><span style="color: rgb(35, 31, 32); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 19px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">, providing your name, address, and voucher reference if you have it (this is printed on your vouchers and starts with VC or VS).</span>
  • edited December 2017
  • edited December 2017
  • edited December 2011
    I got a parking ticket before Christmas on Stapleton Hall Road, as I dropped off a card.   My permit is FP as opposed to SG and I forgot, and was on my way back from somewhere else.  Those zones just seem pointless to me.   The fine is £55 for this terrible crime.  
  • This is a rant!<br><br>I am now trying to buy additional visitor-parking permits using the Harnigey online system, and I manage to get to the point where my order is being redirected to my bank for verification ... but each time the Haringey online payment system times-out with a message that it cannot compelte the transaction. <br><br>I have now tried five times. Grrrrrr ...<br><br>My bank (I love telphone banking) tells me there is no problem as far as they are concerned. <br><br>I am particualrly disappointed since the last time I purchased these permits online it was a breeze.<br><br>Haringey ... 'nul points'!<br><br>Rant over.<br>