Fish Finger Sandwiches.

edited August 2011 in Local discussion
You know what it is like when you get home after a long day, and you just really cannot be bothered to cook as such? Well, today is that day for me.
Came up with Fish Finger Sandwiches. Cod (not the nondescript fish that purports to be as good as Cod) Fish Fingers, surrounded by slices of freshly cut, buttered( not margarine) Tiger Loaf, and coated with Tomato Ketchup. Simple but Fabulous
All other ideas gratefully recieved. What say you.

Comments

• edited 7:52AM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I am most partial to a fish finger sandwich - doorsteps cut from a white loaf, lots of butter, mayonnaise on the bottom. I dislike ketchup. I also favour beefburger sandwich - same bread, frozen corner shop burgers (pref. Bird's Eye, not the same with proper burgers) melted cheddar on top, dash of mustard, fried onions underneath. This kind of snack is known as 'Freezer Surprise' in our house and is the food of champions.
  • IanIan
    edited 7:52AM
    I'd go mayonnaise with Miss Annie. Had one for lunch on Saturday as it happens.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I'm quite fond of this as a snack as well.
    Haddock fish fingers for me though.
    Mayonnaise, and a generous helping of spinach.

Yum!
    I like Jai Krishna, Jeera Aloo in a sarnie the day after a take-away.
    I do not like the sickly sweet '57 varieties' type of tomato ketchup either, however, I have discovered the Grown Up version. Try Wilkin of Tiptree, Tomato Ketchup. Fabulous in a Fish Finger Sarnie.
    @ miss annie, Oh Bugger, you have now made my mouth water with your 'freezer suprise' Do you use the american mustard? I think that it is called French's, or do you use English? Unfortunately I do not have any burgers in my freezer, but I will have.......
    @ Ian, and those of you who love mayonnaise. Try making your own!!! but check out Delia Smiths recipe in her book 'One Is Fun' It is an absolute doddle to make,as it uses a whole egg. No sodding about with just the yolks, and is superior to the shop bought ones. If you are interested but cannot find the recipe, then I will put it on this thread.
    Our cousins specialty is FF sandwich with lightly toasted white bread with lots of butter (moisturiser), salt and pepper- this is his light late supper dish when you get in late. very nice in the winter.
    How the Americans get away with calling that stuff mustard I really do not know. Colmans is the way forward with freezer surpise, although some of the supermarket own brand will pass muster. Cookie, life is too short to make your own mayonnaise.
    @ miss annie, sorry, but I love the American Mustard for certain things, as I do English and French. Nothing cries out for Colmans more than a Ham sandwich, but if I am making a Macaroni Cheese, I love a nice grainy French variety. I used to agree about making Mayo, until I discovered the easy version. Trust me, it takes no time at all and is a lot better than anything shop bought. If you have one of those stick blenders, then you are halfway there. I make it to mix with Tuna before piling it into avocados.