Bus 4 and 19 termination at Highbury Corner

edited September 2011 in Local discussion
Bus termination at Highbury Corner

This happened to me yesterday - twice. I was dumped off a number 4 at Highbury Corner at about 6pm in the rain. The next bus along was a 19 which also terminated at HC, doors closed.

As I am still on crutches, I was most certainly not happy about the scrum for a seat at this point, and was forced to get a taxi home - it cost £12. I was livid. I had paid for a journey and I did not get what I had paid for. I have kept the receipt and I intend to send it to the bus company.

This more than annoying or an inconvenience, it's a downright despicable and pathetic way to run a public service and I am in the mood for a fight. Yes, I also wonder if it is a breach of contract.

@jenowl, sincers (and anybody else), would you care to join me should I pop a complaint off to the bus operators and TfL, and perhaps copy it to the two local papers and both MPs?

There must be busloads of people who are royally pissed off by this.

Comments

• KazKaz
    edited 4:04PM
    It is infuriating, especially as the front of the bus clearly says Finsbury Park. I doubt it is breach of anything though, as I am sure they are doing it to regulate the service. I have complained to TfL before about another matter and gotten nowhere, so I am not sure it would be worth your while.
  • I just feel like complaining, doing so will be it's own reward.

Why should bus operators get away with providing a rubbish service, when every other public utility from schools to hospitals and street cleaners to doctors and even railway companies are supposed to measure up? I don't geddit.
  • edited 4:04PM
    Krappy, let me know if you complain, I will support you and I think Tallboy might as well. Although I haven't kept a record of the dates and times. It's incredibly annoying and inconvenient, it's a gamble whenever I get on the bus in the evening - if the bus is very late and crowded, should I risk it and board, or should I wait until another emptier bus comes along, which is less likely to terminate but could involve another ten minutes of waiting? The problem is exacerbated when it's an Arsenal at-home evening, when you might as well give up and walk. If you're not on crutches. This used to be an occasional problem, it now seems to have become 'the norm'.
  • And what about all those people standing at bus stops all the way from H&I through FP to Archway, waiting for a number 4 bus that isn't going to come? No consideration for them?
  • KazKaz
    edited 4:04PM
    From Angel, if going all the way to Finsbury Park, the 153 is an alternative. Not as frequent, but tends to go all the way to its destination at least.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 4:04PM
    When I get the 19 or 4 it always seems to terminate at Highbury Barn (rather than Highbury Corner). A bit nearer, but still far from ideal!

If they could just decide a bit earlier and put the final destination on the bus then that would be a big help.

Probably been discussed before, but an alternative route from Angel is a bus to Essex Road and then national rail train to Finsbury Park. It only used a zone 2-3 travel card which is very similar to the cost of a bus pass these days