Art & craft market at the sugar lounge

edited October 2011 in Local discussion
Hi There!
I would like to do an art & craft fair/market at the sugar lounge on Sundays, we are looking for people who wants to put their hand craft material on sale at the sugar lounge; at no hire cost; we have limited tables, please let us know if you have something to put on our tables;it could be anything from secondhand & vintage clothes , books, homemade jam jars, handknitted jumpers and socks, we will sell our cakes & coffees from special price on those sundays, we will be doing all the marketing,come and talk to us. thanks !

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Splendid! I was discussing something like this with some pals recently and we were saying that it would be great if SG had an event like Crouch End's Barboot, with various venues getting involved selling arts and crafts, homemade and handmade goods, vintage and bric a brac. Barboot is lovely, and it would be great to have something that creates a similar sort of atmosphere with treasures to be discovered in all different venues. It would bring lots of new people into SG and benefit all the local businesses.
  • edited 8:16AM
    I agree Annie, it would be lovely to have something like this on our doorstep!
  • edited October 2011
    Another very good idea.
    I love the idea of a Barboot-type affair. But it might be difficult/time consuming to organise.

I really want to start selling my knitted and crocheted designs and patterns, so I'm definitely interested in having a table. Have you got dates in mind yet, Sugar Lounge?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    well , i am thinking of doing it from 2nd of in november; I am not so sure how the rest of the bars would feel; but, if this is going to create enough interest I have a much bigger idea than a barboot market in each bar that the community will benefit even better. I want to keep it to myself for now ! but I can say that the above interests will get their tables reserved. So We have 5 tables already gone I guess; but please come and make your reservations seriously; officially; my date is the 13th of november. we open to the market from 12 midday but we will be there much before for everyone to get settled.
    Bee, do you mean you are starting on 2nd or 13th? A weekly or fortnightly farmers/craft market along SGR would be great - like Archway market but bigger and better.
    we will be starting on the 13th of november. I will start handing out the leaflets, and I will get local newspapers to talk about this.
    Great, I definitely would like a table - do you need me to come in and see you about it Bee?
  • AmRAmR
    edited 8:16AM
    Hi guys!
    I'm new here (just arrived in stroud green) and this sounds like an AMAZING idea! Plus I'm to meet people from the area!

Are there still some tables free? can I come and chat with Sugar (Bee?)
    I hate to say it where abouts is the Sugar Lounge ? My eye is always on the road as difficult to park.How near are you to Chaps & Dames & Front Room Tollington Park near Tesco. . They are very community based & had some good dos in July.Why not get onto Islington exhibits [ Old fire station] for further publicity & Creative Islington.By the way Barboot is rather on the expensive side but a good idea though.
    Booked my table with Bee last night! I think there are still tables available.

Sugar Lounge is along the road a bit from the White Lion, in the Crouch End direction.
  • AliAli
    It is next door to the best Pizza Resturant on SGR !
    Thanks for that .I will investigate.Why don't you advertise it via the Barboot & Vintage groups where you may get many more attendees .There is also a regular one in a pub near Highgate Tube station called Boogaloo .
  • valval
    Sugar Lounge market a great idea. Are members of the public allowed to sell any kind of foodstuffs without some kind of licence? I used to sell all sorts of home-made foods at the monthly Edison Road market in Crouch End, but the regulations tightened up at about the time we gave up for other reasons.
  • Is this still happening? Haven't heard any more about it, is it next weekend?
  • As far as I know it's still on, but I've not seen any publicity for it. Bee has been in Turkey, but she's back now, so hopefully she'll get some posters up!
  • I'd be up for having a stall one weekend i have lots of vintage clothes to sell and could possible make some earrings.
  • It's still on! Starts at midday on Sunday and goes on till six.
  • There are no posters up or anything. How is it being advertised?
  • Will anyone sell Christmas ornaments there? 
  • <P>Not Christmas ornaments, but I'll be selling handmade Christmas gift tags and cards, as well as a selection of other cards.</P> <P>I'm a bit worried that it doesn't seem to have been advertised anywhere though - is anyone going to come?</P>
  • I'll be selling hand-knitted wares and my mum's got some jewellery. <br><br>I'm concerned about the lack of publicity. I'm going to put it on Facebook and Twitter - if anyone else on either could do the same, that would be great.<br>
  • I can't come along as I'm working this weekend, but I'll retweet if you put it on twitter. Lots of the CE creatives and crafters follow mine so hopefully they'll be tempted down the hill to look at your wares. Hope it goes well. Don't be disheartened if not - try contacting the chap who runs the Sunday Tradin8 market, they had 350 visitors for that one at the weekend!
  • How did this  go ?
  • It wasn't very busy, but we did have a few people wander round and express an interest. It was a very lovely day though, and Bee looked after us all very well. I believe it's on again next week and I'll be having a table again.<br>
  • <p>@sugar lounge</p><p>Would you put up some posters in the window or something to advertise your market. I always forget about this kind of thing unless I see some advertising, and I'd like to come.</p>