New Spa ????

edited November 2011 in Local discussion
Has anyone any idea what the new spa that has opened up next door to us is all about ?

It is in the premises that used to house the ladies only gym, in the cobbled area between Hair shack & Spice Zone.

I am not casting aspersions or spreading rumours but I am not so sure its your average Champneys health spa !!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes it's very nice, it was a 'women only' health club and gym: now it's a 'men only' health club and gym....I don't see a problem at all.
  • perhaps the old dairy pub could invent some gay sauna themed cocktails,for those steamy apres gay sauna drinks which will no doubt be taking place in your pub.I agree that you are not casting astershions,whatever they are, or spreading rumours for that matter,absolutely not.
  • perhaps the old dairy could sell a cocktail called "it's hot in queer" or another simply called "the sweaty poof".I am sure these drinks will be absolutely fabulous darling. Isn't diversity great! What a gay day for stroud green,it's absolutely marvelous,I think.Lovely.
  • Spice zone...? Are they linked?
  • Spice Zone is no more. A new sign went up a month ago with "Chick-A-Dees Charcoal Grill" on it. No signs of life since them thoughbut.
  • I don't see a problem either, but was completely unaware of the nature of the business as I have seen no adverts or promotional material whatsoever. The place went bankrupt and has been empty for a long time.

Great to see something positive happening in the area.

Looking forward to the increase in more business from the gay community.

Not so sure about the cocktails imaginative as they are though, alcohol after exercise and a Sauna is never good thing though.

See you all soon

• I would just like to make it known to people who don't know a lot about the gay community that not all of us agree with saunas existing as an outlet for sexual urges with strangers, despite the fact we may have spent some time in one in the past.
    I have no problem with one in the area though, naturally.
    One man's meat...(pun intended)

I think gay themed cocktails would only serve to patronise, rather than cater for any gay men who like going to the Old Dairy, unless they came with a free hand-job, of course.

Thanks
  • When I saw the comment from The Old Dairy Pub I thought to myself that not only was it built in the late 19th century but the present incumbents had retained the social attitudes that then existed. Then when I saw their second posting I thought 'Great' this is more like the 21st century where we are more enlightened. Unless they suddenly thought of how valuable the 'pink' £ really is!
    I look forward to continuing to drink there and of course making my first visit to Paradise Spa.
  • Haha, I've been doing some research on the building the spa is in..... it originally was the milking sheds for the dairy....! at least the cows have gone now.