The laundry club stay and play

edited November 2011 in General chat
A friend told me about this under 5's stay and play at the laundry club. Tuesday, Wednesday and thursday 10-12, it's great and free! Two huge rooms and an outdoors play area, Cannot believe I never knew about this! The club really needs to be used by locals, so the council can see that there is a need for it. They even have a toy and book library. Does anyone know of any other baby/ toddler groups locally?

Comments

• I don't have children, but for the benefit of others perhaps you could let people know where it is?
  • Is this the club in Sparsholt Road ? If it is, then its been there for many years. They had a twenty-two seater Transit van, which I used to take my camera club on day trips, can't remember if there was a charge, or if you just had to return it with a full tank. It was a great place run by very nice people.
  • Sorry! Yes, sparsholt road. The road with the noble on the corner, go straight down towards the estate and it's set back on the left hand side.
  • We go to the Laundry stay and play quite a bit. It is supported by North Islington Children's Centre who provide creche workers as support. We are very lucky to have lots of great stay and play groups round here via the Islington Children's Centres - North Islington, Margaret McMillan, Hornsey Road, Ambler. The timetables are on their websites if you google them.
  • Hi Sparky,<br>I used to go there but I found that if you got there after 10am you couldnt get in as so many people went especially in the Winter months. Islington Council is brilliant for provision for under 5s and on the council website you can download a PDF with all the places where there are activities and some of the childrens centres provide printouts.<br>Ive been to all of them as I have 2 under 5 and the best by far was on the Andover Estate a brand new centre which is huge and clean with a brilliant outdoor softplay area and they great activities. You have to bring food to share and 50 I think and it's Monday and Thursday. St Marks church has one, in fact there are tons.<br>Stroud Green nursery runs a great one - called Tadpoles or something Monday and Friday which is cosy and lovely in the winter. Shame the Finsbury Park one closed as the outdoor area was brilliant. <br><br>
  • The Laundry is great. I've taken both of ours in the past. There are also two Stay'n'Plays in the area on Saturday mornings. One in the new children's centre next to Hornsey Baths (10:00am - noon) is for fathers only. The other - better one - is in Pooles Park Primary School from 11:00am until 1:00pm.
  • Check out Stationers Park on Mayfield Road.  They've just revamped the top section with a new version of the wooden fort.  It's fantastic.  Muddy though, so wellies are advisable.
  • <p>I'm considering starting an activity and craft session, initially for pre schoolers - 3&4 yrs. I'm thinking 9.30 - 10.30 on a weekday morning. Slightly longer sessions for 4 - 8's in the school holidays. </p><p>There would be a charge which would cover all materials and drinks for children. For example a Christmas session would include: making a decoration to take home, making cards and decorating something like Christmas cookie. I am CRB checked and have experience of working with children at Brownies and running children's workshops for shopping centres and in Hampstead.</p><p>The venue I am looking at has full baby changing and disabled facilities and serves a full breakfast and lunch menu. It's a nice place for parents to get together and have a natter while the nippers are occupied.</p><p>Would this be of interest to parents? </p>
  • Miss Annie, if you make it for 2-4 yrs, I'll be there like a flash. My daughter is obsessed with crafty stuff, and I'm rubbish at it, so am always looking for places that do it (where someone else is coming up with the ideas...). Mondays,  Tuesdays or Fridays ideally...
  • Miss Annie, what a fab idea! Count us In. Any morning is great for us.