Glass front door pane

Does anyone have any recommendations for somebody to replace a glass pane from our front door please? We came downstairs to find that one of the panes had been smashed in the night. It's a small stained glass one from the original door so keen to have it done sympathetically. No one got in, but all rather sobering. Dog as useful as a chocolate teapot in alerting us!

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Philip Bradbury Glass, 83 Blackstock Road.  Take a photograph with you. 
  • I've used Philip Bradbury, they were good. There's also a glass workshop on Hornsey Rd which does a lot of stained glass work and is a wonderful old shop. I can't remember what it's called (Google suggests it's M&M glass) but turn right at Tollington Park and it's a short way up. I think they're cheaper than Philip Bradbury and the shop itself is worth the visit alone - all dark and dusty. I can't remember why I didn't go with them - I think I had probably already ordered a window from Philip Bradbury, and once I do these things, I then like to look around for cheaper deals in a vaguely masochistic here's-what-you-could-have-won way. Stroud Green Windows can also advise on stained glass people, though they don't do it themselves. <div><br></div><div>Sorry someone tried to break in. How upsetting for you.</div>
  • The glass place on Hornsey Road was empty last time I walked past. 
  • Thanks, I'll pop along to Philip Bradbury tomorrow.
  • Oh no, that's a shame about that shop. It was a curious little place.
  • I think the owner retired for ill health reasons. The new owner is holding a second hand furniture and other things auction this Wednesday evening. 
  • I used the place on Hornsey Road about a month ago and found them great.  Has it definately closed?<br>
  • Apparently so. I agree that it's sad. The joiners are still open thought.