David Andrew Estate Agents & their slimy tactics!

edited November 2011 in Local discussion
A few weeks back whilst strolling up to Sainsbury's on Stroud Green Rd I was pretty shocked to see they had a large photo of my patio garden on full display up in their window. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, my house is available to rent... immediately! Surprising that, considering I've never been in touch with David Andrew and have no inclination of moving. I then looked on their website to find they had incorrect specs of my house and outdated photographs of the property. I called pretending to be interested in renting the place and surprise, surprise was told it had just been rented but they had another garden property just like it! I called back the following day and made a complaint to which they responded it was just their way of drawing in future landlords.<div><br></div><div>Slimy tactics like these is what gives Estate Agents a bad rap.  Shame on you!</div>

Comments

• Shocking but not surprising.
  • They still had our flat up in their window about a year after we'd bought it - I went in and shouted at them and they took it down. This was many years ago mind you.
  • Do you own the house and they are pretending it is for rent, or have they previously rented it and are just reusing old pics to draw in punters?<br><br>Either way, very poor show, although the former is probably worse.<br>
  • @colette- in our case they only just put the ad up saying it had become back on the market.<div>@PapaL - No, it's a rented property and I rented it directly through the owner before it went on to any estate agents books. The person who rented before me lived here for 8 years...maybe it had been on their books then.</div><div><br></div>
  • It's quite a common practice. Recruitment agencies do a similar thing - advertise a fantastic-sounding job that's actually already gone just to entice you in. Not as cheeky as advertising someone's home as available, but annoying for anyone looking for a job.<br>
  • I haven't looked in the window for a while, but the last time I did I noticed Gelb estate agents (a few doors down from Karmenz) still had an ad for a flat that has been there for at least four years, maybe longer - from when you could get a one-bed for under £200,000
  • <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>I believe it is illegal for a job agency to advertise a job they don’t have or it used to be when I worked in the Industry. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>What you can do it advertise the job at the max package which of course no one will get but does get the punters through the door from the Agency side of things</FONT></P>