Stray cats

edited December 2011 in Local discussion
<P><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>We have a Cat Problem. So I decide to put an ultrasonic stray cat repellant in the back garden. I'm fixing the batteries in the kitchen. Suddenly our own (much loved and domesticated) cat pukes dramatically twice, runs from the room and hides under the bed.   I think it works.  W</SPAN><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>e'll see.</SPAN></P> <P><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>Any other suggestions for getting rid of the blighters?  And why are there suddenly so many hundreds of aggressive pussies in Stroud Green?</SPAN></P>

Comments

• Not sure I've seen many strays around. Mostly they just seem to be outdoor cats, they usually look pretty well fed - I thinks that just come with the territory of being a popular middle-class area....<div>If they are strays I guess that is a sign of the times, recession and all that, although I would rather go hungry myself than lose a cherished pet. Obviously unlike the tennant before us who seem happy to have left their two cats for us to look after...</div>
  • Quite right @yaga - they are probably just well-fed middle class moggies.  Too many of them.  And they just lurve my garden. I think there is also a blight of unfixed Toms. Anyway, I'd prefer some balance restored - last year I had a rare flock of up to 14 *sparrows* at the bird table, but since last winter they've all vanished, along with all other bird life, and it's been all cats and no dicky birds.
  • Woo - it turns words into italics when you put in asterisks.  Clever!
  • Isn't pissing in the garden (urine from a male only) supposed to keep cats away? I was talking about this only this morning with my chap after our cat came racing through the catflap, terrified and yowling. Though we couldn't work out how we'd get our cat used to it. He didn't think it would be fair to wee on the cat for a few days until he recognised it.<div><br></div><div>My mum uses a water pistol and shoots every cat she sees in the garden. It works, but I think this is a bit mean.</div>
  • edited December 2017
  • Can you let me know where you get the ultrasonic blasters and which is the best one? Lorne Road is a health hazard with all the cat sh@t in all the front gardens . The place stinks anyway but this can be minimised with vicious treatment of these cats, no matter if they are stray or 'middle class'. In fact they are going to get the worst of it. Cats should be only kept in zoos and I speak as an animal professional. Chang
  • edited December 2017
  • Result!   One day in, all the cats have gone.   And my own moggie is still the same sweet natured critter, that only craps on the carpet once a month, as ever.  He's got a corridor out of his cat door into the wild that is not, hopefully, blasted with ultrasound.   I'm very impressed.
  • Thanks K - now he can come and sht in my garden