Mice

edited November 2006 in Local discussion
We've got mice.
I rather admire the little blighters, they're incredibly fast and hugely resourceful, but I'd like to get rid of them nonetheless.
I've stuffed up their holes with wire wool, caught a good few of them in traps, but am rathe reluctant to start poisoning them. Short of getting a cat, what else can I do?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Not sure you can, I think its cats & glue traps. You'll never seal them out. What about enticing the odd stray cat in for a few days? You don't have a cat then but can reap the benefits.
  • edited 7:44PM
    Invite them round to ours. There are loads of them.

We're in exactly the same position in terms of blocking/humane catching. Having a dog actually seems to encourage them.

Killing seems to be the only route left.
    I hate mice but, being a committed veggie, I am somewhat reluctant to let Andy loose with the traps. Plus, they are so cute when you surprise them and they twitch their nose at you whilst eating your bread!
    Get a hamster. Leave andy to the glue traps.
    could we borrow your cat?
  • edited November 2006
    Or try and train a squirrel to get rid of the mice.
  • edited November 2006
    Now there's a fantastically convoluted idea: _Let's train squirrels to get rid of mice_. Maybe we could harness the power of badgers to replace the current nastiness that is CPZ wardens. I'm afraid our cat is far too lazy, Lucy.