Whats on At The Dairy Christmas & New Year

edited December 2011 in About this site
Hi Everyone<div><br></div><div>Just to give you all the heads up about what's on over Christmas and our opening hours : </div><div><br></div><div><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-top:0cm;margin-right:32.9pt;margin-bottom: 0cm;margin-left:24.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><b><span style="font-family:Garamond">We still have some spaces available for Christmas day lunch the menu is online<o:p></o:p></span></b></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-top:0cm;margin-right:32.9pt;margin-bottom: 0cm;margin-left:24.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><b><span style="font-family:Garamond"><o:p> </o:p></span></b></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-top:0cm;margin-right:32.9pt;margin-bottom: 0cm;margin-left:24.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><b><span style="font-family:Garamond">NYE is Studio 54 at <st1:personname w:st="on">The Old Dairy Disco glamour </st1:personname>, tickets can be bought on our website: www.theolddairyn4.co.uk @£10 per person</span></b></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-top:0cm;margin-right:32.9pt;margin-bottom: 0cm;margin-left:24.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt"><b><span style="font-family:Garamond"><o:p> </o:p></span></b></p> <ul style="margin-top:0cm" type="disc"> <li class="MsoNormal" style="margin-right:32.9pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops:list 36.0pt"><b><span style="font-family:Garamond">Christmas Eve, 24<sup>th</sup> Dec: 12.00-01.00 Mooovie themed music tracks all night also Best worst Christmas jumper competition<o:p></o:p></span></b></li> <li class="MsoNormal" style="margin-right:32.9pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops:list 36.0pt"><b><span style="font-family:Garamond">Christmas Day, 25th Dec: 11.00-17.30 Lunch must be pre-booked and starts from 13.00<o:p></o:p></span></b></li> <li class="MsoNormal" style="margin-right:32.9pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops:list 36.0pt"><b><span style="font-family:Garamond">Boxing Day, 26<sup>th</sup> Dec:  13.00-21.30<o:p></o:p></span></b></li> <li class="MsoNormal" style="margin-right:32.9pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops:list 36.0pt"><b><span style="font-family:Garamond">Bank Holiday Tuesday 27<sup>th</sup> Dec:  13.00-21.30<o:p></o:p></span></b></li> <li class="MsoNormal" style="margin-right:32.9pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops:list 36.0pt"><b><span style="font-family:Garamond">New Year’s Eve, 31<sup>st</sup> Dec:  12.00-Late. Tickets available online for £11. Free entrance if you dine.<o:p></o:p></span></b></li> <li class="MsoNormal" style="margin-right:32.9pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops:list 36.0pt"><b><span style="font-family:Garamond">New Year’s Day, 1<sup>st</sup> January 2012: 13.00-21.30 Roast dinners all day !<o:p></o:p></span></b></li> <li class="MsoNormal" style="margin-right:32.9pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops:list 36.0pt"><b><span style="font-family:Garamond">Bank Holiday Monday 2<sup>nd</sup> January 2012: 13.00-22.30 Roast dinners all day !<o:p></o:p></span></b></li> </ul></div>

Comments

• Hello Old Dairy<br><br>I was in on Sunday. Excellent Sunday roast, and fine ale as always. *But* - please, please have a word about bar service. While your staff are friendly they are terrible – and I mean terrible – at serving the person who has been waiting the longest. I heard people moaning about it *two* tables other than my own. There appears to be a 'pretty girls first' policy, which I agree with in general but not in this specific instance.
  • Thanks for the heads up Arkady. Sunday was an excessively busy day and was a real struggle for all our staff.<div><br></div><div>I appreciate your point about people waiting and will discuss with all the guys here. </div><div><br></div><div>To be fair though we have more female staff working here now than male, so not quite sure you feel we serve pretty girls first ? </div><div><br></div><div>Also you say tables ? Do you mean customers or tables on the pub floor ?</div>
  • So is New Years Eve £10 or £11
  • I reduced the price to £10 so it now includes the admin charge.<div><br></div><div>If you have already bought tickets you will get the £1 refunded</div><div><br></div>
  • Customers at tables.  Two different tables with whinging conversations on going in addition to my own.  I do appreicate that you were busy though.<br>
  • Yes but there people shouldn't have been kept waiting for table service as I had 9 waiting staff working yesterday, so my sincere apologies.<div><br></div><div>Were you seated in the lounge ?</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Ah, I’ve confused you. They were whinging about it at their tables, but I’m pretty sure they were complaining about service *at the bar*.<br><br>I’m sorry I even brought it up, this is boring even me.<br>
  • edited December 2011
    I am sure your very busy so I will leave you to it, and thank you for your feedback<div><br></div><div>Adam </div>
  • Adam, I don't know whether you want to comment on this point or not, but I'm always amazed that bars don't hire more short-term staff to cope with busy periods (such as Christmas) when it's highly predictable that those periods will be very busy.  I've frequently walked in to bars, seen a long queue at the bar, and walked back out, and seen many others doing the same thing.  Is it a question of how many people you can fit behind the bar to serve the drinks?
  • Adam, how dare you assume your female staff are hetrosexual. Don't you know your in Islington?
  • If it's not pretty girls, it's pretty boys first.   It's particularly bad in the Stapleton.   
  • I have always found the service in both the Dairy and Stapleton fast and friendly.<div><br></div><div>But then again, I am devilishly handsome.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Old Dairy has overtaken the full back as my fave SGR pub, love it there, one of the few places I don't feel uncomfortable popping into solo to read the paper and have a pint. Sunday roasts are top notch, keep up the good work :)
  • I thought we'd already agreed that you're *roguishly* handsome.<br>
  • edited December 2017