Tesco Price Tricks

valval
edited December 2011 in About this site
6-pack of Kitekat just increased from £2.65 to £2.89. I'm waiting on tenterhooks for the famous "<strong>Price Drop</strong>"!!

Comments

• At big Sainsbury's they now do a price check at the till and if you would have saved by going to Tesco and Asda they give you a voucher for the amount you would have saved to use at your next Sainsbury shop. <br>
  • At Nisa yesterday, massive yellow sticker on Kingsmill Muffins saying 2 for £1. The yellow sticker hiding the price of each packet of Muffins at 50p each... 
  • 6 pack Kitkat with 50% extra free 99p  guess where ?
  • Tesco's Price Drop line is an outrage. Surely it is against the law to tell lies about the cost of things? I give you two examples, both labelled Price Drop, and not true in either case: a small bag of nuts and raisins @ 94p; a large bag of cheap potatoes, advertised as down from 90 someting p. In fact it has always been 80 something.
  • The higher price must have been charged at a certain proportion of their stores for a certain space of time - I think a month. So they probably just whacked it higher for a month in a bunch of places where Tesco was the only shop.<br>
  • <P>Shabby, dishonest, and disgusting, if true!</P>
  • Try reading the 30 year released papers if you really want to see shabby. there is no morality when selling is invilved. 
  • <p>To spite Tesco I went to Haringey Sainsbury's for Kitekat and found their Basic meat with jelly and fish with jelly only £2.50. Cats love it.</p><p>Some items in Selby's Half Price Sale are same price as before. </p><p>Ian - thanks for that info.</p>
  • Is Big Sainsbury’s in Harringay significantly cheaper than TESCO SGR?
  • It is. It's a proper big supermarket so their prices are different to local stores. They have a fish counter, butcher's counter and cheese counter too so you can choose from a bigger range and get the amounts and the cuts that you want.
  • <p>Generally, I have found Tesco cheaper than the big Sainsbury's, which I find a shame, as I prefer the ethos of Sainsbury's. </p><p>Ali: Are you confusing Kitekat and Kitkat? </p>
  • <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">Nope it is the chocolate bar, 9 bars ( 50% extra free) for 99p.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>The other one along near to the Clarks Warehouse shop has Ocean Craisons for 99p around £1.90 in Tesco for the same thing. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Stand on its end tube of Aquafressh toothpaste is 99 p while in Tescos around £1.80. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I agree that the big Sainsbury’s is mostly more expensive that the Tesco Metro. </SPAN></P>
  • How odd. My shopping must be vastly different to everyone else's as I've done the comparative shop and always found Sainsburys to be cheaper.
  • There was a while when pasta was noticeably cheaper at Sainsbury's, but otherwise I've never spotted much difference except when one has an offer - or when the bigger shop has bigger packages (fnarr fnarr) available. That said, you can no longer rely on bulk buy being cheaper, as witness many recent articles in the <i>Guardian</i> Money section.<br>
  • Update on Tesco's £2.65 Kitekat, raised to £2.89. Now raised to £2.99!!! Watch this space.
  • Must be a two for one comming along
  • <p>Tesco's Fish Kitekat history: £2.65-£2.89-£2.99-£2.65! The expected price drop is next door to it: Tesco's own Cuts in jelly @ 39p per tin=£2.34 for a six-pack. So best value so far, but I don't know what it was before! (A petty criminal once told me that in order to master your victims you need to confuse them. Enough said.) </p><p> </p><p> </p>
  • edited December 2017
  • It's a common tactic in retail. And the stupid consumer will follow ;-) Including me, I will admit.<br><br>Not a big fan of Tesco, so I try to do the main shopping at Morrisons. Will only go to Tesco if I run out of greens for the dragon.<br>
  • valval
    edited January 2012
    <p>Morrisons is the only place where you can buy Jonagold and small Fuji apples. </p>
  • They have a great selection of apples in the new greengrocers Val.
  • I might pop by the greengrocers and see if they can get nice food for my dragon. Wild rocket, fresh(!) coriander, watercress, mint, chervil and other green stuff. It usually looks a little sad in the supermarkets. Even I wouldn't eat it, let alone feed it to my big boy. <br><br>(A green iguana, in case someone wonders.)<br>
  • Thanks, Miss Annie. I must have a look.