Paul Federici made it to Radio 2 this weekend!

edited January 2012 in About this site
I was listening to Graham Norton on catch-up today, and all of a sudden the name "Paul Federici" was mentioned and his new song got aired! I think this is great achievement, and everyone should be proud of our local barber cum pop-star (he owns Chaps and Dames). I know he won't be to everyones tastes, but its great to see someone have some success in something they are passionate about. <div><br></div><div> other news, i vommed watching GN interviewing madonna on Friday.  Keith Lemon is far superior.</div></div>

Comments

• edited December 2017
  • <P>Paul even has a ready made Tabloid past 'reformed drug dealer turned budding pop star'.Success must be round the corner! (</P> <H3>Barber Paul wants to cut his own records</H3> <P><EM><A href="mailto:nlnews@archant.co.uk">nlnews@archant.co.uk</A><BR>26 September 2007</EM></P> <P><EM><SPAN class=smd></SPAN></EM><BR><EM>IF YOU fancy a little something for the weekend how about a short Bach and sides from a piano-playing barber?</EM></P> <P><EM>Paul Federici, 28, opened bespoke hairdressers Chaps of Tollington, in Tollington Park, Finsbury Park, 18 months ago.</EM></P> <P><EM>A reformed drug dealer turned budding pop star, classically-trained pianist Mr Federici regularly serenades his customers between haircuts – much to the amazement of bewildered passers-by.</EM></P> <P><EM>He said: “My family lived in Churnfield House on the Six Acres Estate for 30 years, but when they knocked it down our beautiful piano had nowhere to go. I was just opening up my business – so I put it in the shop.</EM></P> <P><EM>“I’m an aspiring musician so sometimes I perform and do requests. People walk past and do a double take – they can’t believe what they see. They come in off the street to listen and even some of the customers play while they’re waiting!”</EM></P> <P><EM>Although the one-time choir boy admits that his repertoire “is not that big”, Mr Federici can often be found tinkling the ivories and belting out his own compositions – plus hits by Elton John, Phil Collins and his hero Freddie Mercury.</EM></P> <P><EM>He said: “From the age of eight I did piano lessons and now I’m performing across London about once a week as a solo artist under my stage name, Ordinary Man. I’ve got an album out on the internet which I’m hoping to release next year.”</EM></P> <P><EM>With a three-piece backing band that practises twice a week at his flat in Fonthill Road, Paul and the band are quite literally a barbershop quartet. But the career path for the day job has been anything but ordinary.</EM></P> <P><EM>“About eight years ago I was sent to prison for 18 months for intent to supply class A drugs,” said Mr Federici. “It’s not something I’m proud of but it’s something I got involved with as a teenager. I did an NVQ in hairdressing when I was inside and when I came out I decided to set up my own business.”</EM></P> <P><EM>Today Mr Federici is a self-made man who admits he has made his mother “very proud”. All that remains now is that elusive multi-million pound record deal.</EM></P> <P><EM>He said: “I am incredibly ambitious. I intend to take the world by storm but until I do I’m just going to keep cutting hair.”</EM></P> <P><EM>To hear Mr Federici’s music go to <A href="http://finsburypark.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/finsbury-park-people-barber-paul/www.ordinary-man.com" target=_blank>www.ordinary-man.com</A> </EM></P> <P>d past. </P> <P> </P>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes, well done Paul. He works hard at this so I wish him well. <br>
  • I'm no muso but that strikes me as a pretty decent song. Well done & good luck Paul.<br>
  • Well done indeed.<div><br></div><div>I'm moving away in a few days but I'll definitely be keeping an ear out for Federici hits.</div>