Italian Cafe Shut?

edited January 2012 in About this site
I've noticed that the Italian Cafe (did it have a name?) on the corner of Stroud Green Road and Tollington Park has been shut since before the new year...does anybody know what is happening here? Has it closed down? It always seemed busy.

Comments

• Thanks for that, I did have a look but couldn't see anything. Sorry.
  • It's okay - your thread rang a little bell in my head, I remembered it happened early this month. I thought that thread would be of more use to you :)<br><br>I see there haven't been any updates - ah well!<br>
  • It was closed down for health and safety reasons apparently. The sewage system needs to be replaced but the landlord (who lives in Greece) refused to pay for it to be done. No other shop or restaurant can move into the premises until the work is done
  • Maybe is is blocking up all the way to lower Lorne Road !
  • This stuff about LR is an urban myth, ignore it.
  • It certainly stunk on STG around end end of Lorne Road last weekend. 
  • <P>Interesting about the reasons for the closure. My mate from the N4 pub was not told about that when asking about the sports bar idea, it does make it difficult for anyone to run a food place there. tho i suppose a major brand like Starbucks or All Bar One seeing a opportunity (and it is a great site) might stump up the money to clean the drains. I hope someone does or it sends a bad signal about SGR (look at Kilburn High Road...loads of closed shops and now more crime).</P> <P> </P> <P>As for the Lorne Road problems, it is perfectly possible that the faulty sewage systems round here (specially casued by landlords who don't replace decaying hardware) are the reason for this blight. Maybe Krappywhotsname needs some vick to clear his passages!. I can tell you the stink can be wicked . Today is not too bad though</P>