Snow

edited January 2012 in About this site
Is it on its way?  It makes everything so pretty.

Comments

• It's apparently an incredible year in the Alps. Huge amounts of snow
  • Don't know about snow, but apparently it's set to get a lot colder over the next week or so.<br>
  • <p>I know very little about snow so decided to quote Bing Crosby.</p><p>Snow<br>It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow<br>Snow<br>I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow<br><br>Snow<br>I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow<br>Snow<br>Oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow<br><br>Where it's snowing<br>All winter through<br>That's where I want to be<br>Snowball throwing<br>That's what I'll do<br>How I'm longing to ski<br>Through the snow-oh-oh-oh-oh<br><br>Those glist'ning houses that seem to be built of snow<br>Snow<br>Oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow<br><br>What is Christmas with no snow<br>No white Christmas with no snow<br>Snow<br><br>I'll soon be there with snow<br>I'll wash my hair with snow<br>And with a spade of snow<br>I'll build a man that's made of snow<br>I'd love to stay up with you but I recommend a little shuteye<br>Go to sleep<br>And dream<br>Of snow<br></p>
  • There's a small patch of what looks like remaindered snow outside Pappagone, but I think it's just frozen street-cleaning water.<br>
  • This afternoon, the finest of a fine dusting of snow was evident in crevices and against raised edges on the platforms at Crouch Hill and Upper Holloway stations.
  • OMG. So it does. I'm dreading it. To think I used to be thrilled to bits by the first snow, way back in the 50's.
  • I still love it, at least for the first few days while it remains white and crisp.<br><br>It's only been coming down for 20 minutes and it's already properly sticking.<br><br>I walked along the Regents Canal at King's Cross for a bit earlier, and it was frozen over 1cm thick.  The resident swan was looking really pissed off.  This pleased me, as it has attacked me in the past without provocation - quite alarming when you're trapped on a towpath - I had to kick it in the head to make it back down.   Some of the other birds were skidding on the ice, which was quite funny.<br>
  • After two days the lingering stinky smells of Lorne Rd have gone - must be the frost and now snow deep freezing the cause (which council fail to find) So the big freeze is welcome with us . Hope the effects last til spring!! Chang
  • I just noticed that the snow only seems to be settling on the Islington side of SGR. The Haringey pavements remain untouched by snow - that's some grit they're using!
  • edited February 2012
    <a href="">*</a>
  • My friend and I went for a walk in Finsbury Park the afternoon, then spent three hours dining and chatting in the Old Dairy, when we left we couldn't believe our eyes... <br>
  • This happened last year too, a thick blanket of snow fell in just a couple of hours. Detritus is sitting out in the garden marvelling at it right now.
  • edited February 2012
    Detritus seems like a weird man. ;-)<br><br><br>Edited to explain: I spent the first 16 years of my life going on ski holidays in Austria. I'm done with snow. I crave sun. But I have to admit it's rather pretty and much better than rain. Still, I'd like to have 20 degrees and sunshine now, rather than snow.<br>
  • Weird doesn't begin to cover it Stella.
  • I remain deeply disturbed by @ChangN4N6';s strange olfactory fantasies, that have now taken a meteorological turn. 
  • Krappy accused me in the street of being Chang the other day.  The cheek.<br>
  • Oh. Who are you 2? And I dont work in a factory I am a vet (now part time, tho it feels like a production line, snip snip). LOL. If you know Joyce (you probably do from the Sir Walter as she calls it) she can introduce us. Chang. PsThe snow is melting a bit and I saw a fox earlier in Lorne Road round the bins . Chang
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It always does that when it snows. The W7 is usually up the creek when there's snow or ice too as it can't get up the hill.
  • I got the W7 this morning, did some good skidding on the brow of the hill.
  • <P>My private Stroud Green Charles Dickens Appreciation Society held its 200th birthday annual dinner last night (the actual anniversary is Tuesday) and it broke up around 1.30am in truly Dickensian style - several people had to walk long distances home through the snow.  In one case to well beyond Muswell Hill.   Not a bus or cab to be found - it seems like the W7 gave up at the first snowflake.</P> <P>Apparently the streets were full of snowballing yokels, even at 2.30am.    What larks!</P>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ooo, that's what they do in The North.
  • <P>And in quite a lot of ski resorts...You know you're getting old when your first thought is 'She'll catch her death'!</P> <P>People were still scraping snow off our car for snowballs at 3.30am - noisy twits.</P>