Aggressive man on Woodstock Road this morning

edited January 2012 in Local discussion
<P>Hi all,</P> <P>Just to give a heads up/enquire as to whether anyone has seen this guy before...</P> <P>On my way to the station this morning, walking past Stroud Green primary (just before school started!), there was a guy (black, mid-20s/early 30s, wearing a black coat with hood and scarf) walking down the middle of the road being generally aggressive to everyone in his eyeline. He crossed the road to my side and I was unlucky enough to be there - he shoved me into the side of a car and then spat at me, before shouting that he was going to kill me (and pretty much everyone else who happened to be on the road.) Obviously I was fairly shaken up by the incident. I have left a message with the Stroud Green community police unit about it but just wanted to let people know, it's not nice that happening so close to the school.</P>

Comments

• It might be a idea to let the school know as well, better safe than sorry. It was probably just wrong place wrong time for you, but you are OK?
  • Yes, I have seen this guy many times, he is local to this area and does a lot of shouting, but didn't know he is aggessive I'm sure the police must know him.<br>
  • Sounds like umbrella man.
  • <P>Yeah I am ok thanks, I was just in shock really.  The police said they were going to pop by the school to let them know, just in case. Not a very nice way to start the day to say the least! If he's local I'm surprised I've never seen him before, but I will definitely be going out of my way to avoid him if I do ever see him again! </P>
  • Since you were clearly the victim of an unprovoked assault, and there must have been witnesses at the school gate, from what you say, we should expect the Police to charge this 'known' person? If this a case of 'care in the community' going wrong, then we should expect the local mental health team to be made aware of this incident and thus this man's condition, and offer help, which the intervention of the Police should trigger. Time will tell ... but meanwhile we can only hope there are no more similarly unprovoked assaults. Police, comment please!
  • Was he wearing black leather finger-less gloves? A few times I have seen that guy being very aggressive in teh area and twice on the tube (Victoria line)...on those occasions he had headphones on but was glaring at people and spitting out very venomous aggressive threats to people that largely seemed to be based on him hating white people. <br><br>Not very pleasant.<br>
  • Not sure about the gloves but all his shouting was about hating white people so it may well be the same person. I am surprised, if this is the same person we are all talking about, that he is allowed to roam around clearly intimidating a lot of people.
  • i think i knw who that is, he is rough on the outside.i dont know his name but he has problems and has lived around here for years. i used to see him in parkland walk a lot. he mainly abuses white people as you said. some youths slapped him around a bit a while back.i believe he is either mental or on drugs. just sty away and ignore him.
  • <P>I am wondering how people generally deal with intimidating approaches. On the few occasions where somebody tried to get money out of me or just be a general nuisance, things started off with a seemingly harmless question ('Excuse me, can I ask you a question', 'Excuse me, are you from round here', ...), followed by some bizarre conversation that flared up to threats of various kinds and intensity, usually by the end of sentence no. 2. So far I always managed to walk away, albeit with a raised adrenaline level.</P> <P>I trust myself enough to know straight away whether somebody is trouble or not, but I admit that my judgement is based mainly on my personal experience, mixed with a bit of Daily Mail misanthropy perhaps. Also, I'd hate to be an arse when it turns out somebody really only wants to ask a question. So often I find myself responding when I really know I shouldn't. So what do others do? And how, without permanently avoiding eye contact with anyone?</P> <P>Note, this is not about guys asking for a pound who think they need to tell me some tragic story  (although I usually ask them to cut to the chase), more about the aggressive ones. Also, this kind of experience may be gender-specific.</P>
  • <P>The place is full of loons </P> <P> </P> <P>Full of 'em! </P> <P> </P> <P>I'm sure  I have at least 1 weekly incident of some sort with a person not right in the head </P>
  • hnut351 have you yet reported this incident to the Police?
  • <P>Gardener-Joe - Yes, the police called me back on the day and I reported it. Surprisingly they didn't seem to make the same connection that you guys have. I should probably call them back and tell them that it was probably 'umbrella man.'</P>
  • hnut351 has reported this to myself. A crime has been recorded which we are currently investigating and researching any possible suspects. From reading the threads on here, it appears that some may know who this suspect is and/or where he lives? If you can assist in any way, please contact the local safer neighbourhoods team at stroudgreen.snt@met.pnn.police.uk or on 0208 721 2837 in confidence, If you would rather, you can also call Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111. Can I ask that if anybody else is assaulted or racially abused in similar circumstances, please call 999 asap, and at the time if at all possible. This enables police to attend as soon as they can and means any suspects are detained straight away. Thank you PC Paul KANE 263YR Stroud Green Safer neighbourhood Team