All Spurs fans are we?

Comments

• The UK Government has decided to offer extra financial support to councils who do not increase Council Tax this April. Unfortunately, Haringey Council is one of only a small number of local authorities in the country that is proposing to reject the government's offer. Haringey already has the 4th highest Council Tax in London. If Haringey go ahead with a 2.5% increase, the average Council Tax bill in the Borough will top £1500 for the first time. [Shamelessly cribbed from the local LibDems, but pertinent]]
  • <P>Why does David Lammey live in Stroud Green? </P> <P> </P> <P>Is this the reason why they're trying to merge us with the middlesex swamp grounds that is Tottenham? </P>
  • Good luck to them, Tottenham needs regeneration far more than Highbury and the club moving would have spelt terrible news for the area.<br><br>Shame there had to be so much politicking and the ridiculous hand-forcing exercise of claiming to want the Olympic stadium. <br>
  • This is being widely reported as 'Haringey give Spurs £9m to build new stadium' whereas I think it's more of an agreement for the council to invest in the surrounding area and transport infrastructure - supporting the new stadium, but also benefitting the regeneration of the whole region.*<div><br></div><div>*disclaimer.  I am a Spurs fan, so this could just be my rose-tinted reading of it all.</div>
  • yeah of course your right, it will benefit the area more than the club. the council should pay their share. tottenham needs a makeover anyway.
  • <span class="Author"><span style="text-decoration: underline;"></span>What digistu said. <br><br>*me too<br></span>