Why has Sevlow been banned from sg.org?

edited February 2012 in About this site
<P>I was curious to know what is the thinking behind banning some people from this forum?</P> <P>Predicting that Sevlow would be banned from sg.org after his first comment on the thread called "the noble-why?" I clicked on his name in that thread.But not he had not been banned.Then today I clicked on his name again after his second comment on that thread and he comes up as banned.It says Role - banned.</P> <P>Although some people might find Sevlow's comments offensive.Why the ban?</P> <P>If you click on Sevlow's name you can see the threads he has commented on.He has used the c word in the past.Worthy of a reprimand perhaps.</P> <P>Sevlow made a postitive contribution to the forum where he flagged up his concerns over a sex attack on crouch hill.</P> <P>Sevlow also asked the question that many philosophers have battled with over the years: "whatever happened to white dog sh-t."</P> <P>I think it's a shame Sevlow has been banned as he tried to help the community by flagging up concerns about sex assualt in crouch hill</P> <P>Perhaps he has been banned as he has offended homosexuals.</P> <P>Is that the critieron for being banned on this forum? Surely freedom of speech should include the right to offend up to a point.  </P>

Comments

• <P>I think Sevlow should have been given a warning not a ban.And he did say he gave money to homeless people,kind.</P> <P>"Free the Sevlow one"</P>
  • Freedom Of Speech? In the UK we have no legal right to freedom of speech. And on this forum, I personally just go by @Andy s rules. Up to him who he bans and who he lets play.
  • Warnings don't work. I don't think we'll miss him.
  • Sevlow has just extended my vocabulary by two phrases, or four words.  Thank you, Sevlow!
  • I always liked him. In person he is quite reserved bu likes a pint or three. Chang
  • Which may explain why he upset Andy. Chang
  • I think it is an insult to homosexuals to think that homosexuals would be so offended by the comments that Sevlow wrote that he should be banned;surely the fight for toleration of homosexuality would inform people to be tolerant and not ban people when things like this happen.Why not put him back on and send him a whisper to keep it a bit more polite.His school boy and bawdy use of the English language may not be due to malice but rather that's his sense of humour after a few pints of frothy meade. Some people probably laughed at his jokes rather than thinking they were meant with malice.Sevlow said he had lived in sg for many years and he didnt like gentrification of sg - except he did not put it quite as politely as that...he wasnt a fan of those new people who move to sg of a certain social class who use long words he said...surely a few dissenting voices of old school londoners should be allowed...
  • as sevlow has been "BANNED".Here are some of the themes that Sevlow will,sadly, no longer be able to pursue... The fact that The White Lion Of Mortimer no longer allows customers to enjoy a drink and a smoke outside the pub Sevlow wrote, " not being able to sit at tables by windows at front of WLM unlesss eating or drink outside. On the theme of how Stroud Green is fast becoming gentrified,working class replaced by middle class, Sevlow wrote "univited locals moan about the indigenous population to such and extent that they think they should be kept under control ".pursuing his theme about gentrification of a once working class area Sevlow wrote what i dont like is posh middle class self righteous silver spoon born people > <NO P only...   < eating people for seats window outside,with smoking and drinking regulars stopped has pub the that bad is it how on Sevlow with agree both will Mortimer of Lion White some doubt>