Jamaica Village

edited February 2012 in About this site
<a href="http://www.myjamaicavillage.com/2011/" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Jamaica Village </a><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">saw Vetski mention this in another thread... so what's this all about?? </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">lots of Jerk Chicken, Guinness punch & good music I hope :)</font></div>

Comments

• That - plus around 13 hours of noise per day...
  • 14 hours actually, and I for 1 think it will be a good addition to the area - after all it's only for a few weeks. C'mon ppl!!Even my mother in law who is normally quite boring on dez things said she is looking forward to some Bob Marley vibes and chicken . So let's get ready to share '1 luv' etc . Chang
  • I back onto the park and work from home. 14 hours of noise a day for 10 days is a bit much.
  • Oh if u work from home it will get annoying. Maybe rent out for a good price to some of the Jamacians for a week and take a break? Chang
  • Might make me some money, but hell no. I like my house untrashed!
  • Can't stand Bob Marley ...<br>
  • ...which is OK, coz I don't think he'll make it.<br>
  • Oh good! That's a relief. <br>
  • TFL is strongly encouraging people to work from home during the Olympics. I don't know about you, but I do my best work when I'm not being bombarded by reggae for 14 hours a day.<br>
  • I read somewhere that if you put any old common-or-garden dubstep on your stereo and play it really loud at precisely three times the BPM of the reggae they cancel each other out. Bit like those posh Bose earphones.<br><br>Only works in <i>your </i>living room, mind, but should get you through the Olympics.<br>
  • <P>I used a similar strategy to @RedSturgeon';s suggestion at uni. The window in my room was above the cop shop on Rochester Row SW1 - the only way to drown out sirens and the endless car alarms so I could study for finals was Def Leppard at full volume! 20-odd years on though, I'm not sure I could hack it...</P> <P>I always like a bit of Jimmy Cliff, he did a set lat year when Dylan was moping in the Park. </P>
  • Jamaica Village? No, it was already there.<br><br>HAHAHAH!<br><br>(Sorry.)<br>
  • <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);">'I read somewhere that if you put any old common-or-garden dubstep on your stereo and play it really loud at precisely three times the BPM of the reggae they cancel each other out. Bit like those posh Bose earphones.'<br><br><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Comedy genius.<br><br>It'll work with hip hop and drum and bass too.<br><br><br></span></span>