Ferme Park Road laundrette

edited March 2012 in Local discussion
Does anybody know what time the laundrette at the bottom of the hill closes/what time the last wash has to be in?<br>I tried to peer from the bus this morning but the sign is really faded.<br><br>I'm so totally excited about my first ever laundrette experience tonight, I just don't want to miss it! (and I have no clean pants)<br><br>Sorry to be boring.<br>

Comments

• Am deeply concerned that you're excited about going to a laundrette...but you can get cheap cotton undies at Green Lanes Sainsbury's if you are too late. Or handwash a pair. Or...actually no, what one of my teachers recommended for those running low on clean undies is too gross to be repeated on a public forum!
  • It closes at 8pm so last wash at 7:30?
  • I like launderettes. Therapeutic.
  • thanks for the time, i assumed it would be open loads later than that!<br>us working girls have no chance, will have to wash my knickers in the sink.<br>
  • <p>I think going to a laundrette is a right of passage, or maybe it was.  When I moved away from home over 20 years ago I used them for a few years.  This was just before the gap year  and instead of going to live in some shithole in South America or India, you lived in one in London, with an electric heater.  Even had a few romantic moments in a laundrette folding the sheets with an ex.</p><p>I must bring my duvet up to the one on Crouch Hill near the Old Dairy.</p>
  • <p>I'm a bit late but I think that the laundrette on Fonthill Rd/Moray Rd crossroads opens a bit later than that.</p><p>@Kreuzkav, you are exactly right! Even before I had a similar sort of experience, I can remember trudging off to the laundrette at the other end of Chadwell Heath with my mum and two sisters (one a toddler). We carted a giant bag of washing in the shopping trolley and it was half an hour's walk <em><strong>each way</strong></em>!</p><p> </p>
  • Most launderettes are usually last wash at 7pm, close at 8pm. But best to get your wash on by 6:45pm at the latest.<br><br>A good tip if you miss the laundry - you can get 4 days out of a pair of pants. just turn them back to front, then inside out the next day, and repeat. Give 'em a good sniff, if they don't smell like Billingsgate market, you might get another day out of them. : - )<br>
  • I just don't wear any.<br>
  • that's disgusting! :-o<br>
  • @chode, are you my A-level Latin teacher (and if so, are you still passing my translation of Aeneid 4 off as your own?) Because that's the revolting advice she gave!
  • Basic survival skills! Though I do change my pants every week, whether they need changing or not! ;-)<br>
  • edited March 2012
    I would give the Launderette on Crouch Hill a miss, we used to take our bar towels and kitchen whites there until they started coming back greasier than they went out! I do not think they allow the water in the machines to get to a high enough temperature to shift dirt as we tried everything! Off to Ferme Park today with about half a ton of holiday washing and a good book :)