The mystery of Tom Munro

edited April 2012 in About this site
<p>I came back today after being away for Easter to find a parcel addressed to my address but for Tom Munro.   It has been sent from Australia and is a book (haven't opened it but it says it is on the customs sticker) As well as a book a post card also arrived for Tom Munro from "L" who is clearly missing Tom.  "L" is "L White" of Kensington, Victoria Aus.  I know this because she/he also sent the book.  So Tom are you out there somewhere in Stroud Green?  Or are you using my address because you are trying to get away from "L" who is a long distance stalker?  Very mysterious.</p><p> </p>

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Curious. I'm glad a lost post thread has been started. I have post (a personal letter) for a Peter-John Ellis. Have tried electoral roll, but if anyone knows him please send me a private message.
  • We get loads of post for random people. I think it's the way for flat sharing. I just write 'not at this address' on all of it and put it back in the post box.
  • @Peter Crumb, the reason this is strange is because I have had this flat for years and the previous people were not Tom Munro, nor is anyone adjacent to me and the two items arrrived in a short period so clearly the lonesome "L" thinks he lives here.
  • Probably just got the digits of the house number mixed up a bit.  
  • edited April 2012
    Oh dear ... come on guys ... do we have nothing better to do here than write about misdirected post? Just put a line through the address, and write next to it : "Post Office: not known at this address". Then, pop it in the next Royal Mail pillar box you pass or, if too large, leave it at a Post Office counter. Do the same with post sent to a wrong house number. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how soon the Royal Mail gets its act together vis-vis your address. [voice of experience] Now, move on ... unless there is some real dirt to dish on Tom Monroe and the Australian correspondent. Maybe check for a body under the floor or under the concrete out back?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Siolae. You could try a little facebook stalking on both parties.
  • Perhaps:<div><br></div><div>If you live at number 4 try number 9, or vice versa<div><br></div><div>People often write 9's like 4's, or vice versa</div><div><br></div><div>We live at number 4 and often get post for number 9 and vice versa</div><div><br></div><div>Love Miko, or Vice Versa</div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>