Whats not to love about Stroud Green Primary School?!

edited May 2012 in Local discussion
Our son is due to start at Stroud Green this September. We're really looking forwards to him starting as think he'll be ready for new challenges. As a newbie - I wonder if anyone can tell me the good points and the things to watch out for at this school. My son and I went round the school this year and it looked like a fun place to be and the head was very honest which I appreciated. I really like the ability for the reception class to be able to run outside freely - freeflow I think it's called which is essential for a son who cannot sit still. Anyway what are your experiences of the school?<div><br></div><div>Louise</div>

Comments

• Hi Lou, my son will be starting reception and I have another already at the school. It's a great local community school. Early years staff are fantastic, are very committed, caring, strong focus on good behaviour, work well with children from many different back grounds. Yes the school still needs to improve as highlighted in its ofsted but every parent looks for different things in a school, and I think the school gets the essentials right ( sense of community, child wefare, supportive learning environment). Also lots of potential to get involved with the school if you are keen.
  • <P>It should be getting a lot more money through the pupil premium and the government deciding to treat it as a inner London school for funding from 2013/14</P> <P>Hopefully that translates into more Teaching Assiatants etc</P> <P>I think it is an okay school which could improve and probably  will as they will be orried that the Governmnet might come in and make it an academy.</P> <P> </P> <P>So with more money and a greater focus I think it will improve </P>
  • Hi Lou, my son is also at this school and I agree that all the early years staff are great. 
  • Hi everyone! <br><br>I know this conversation is quite old but I came across it when googling the school and as I expect others will too, I thought it'd be helpful to give an update on Stroud Green Primary. <br><br>I've just become a Community Governor and my impression of the school is overwhelmingly positive. I've made a few visits and the atmosphere is lovely - the children are beautifully behaved without having their natural curiosity stifled, and although the SATs results haven't been made official yet, it looks like they are going to be excellent. All of this is backed up by a good ofsted rating earlier this year (you can see the report here: http://www.stroudgreen.haringey.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ofsted-report-2013.pdf)<br><br>I think there was some discussion of after school clubs too - last year's activities are here: http://www.stroudgreen.haringey.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/clubs-2013.pdf and I think a similar schedule is being organised for the coming academic year. As well as breakfast & after school clubs, there is also some summer provision in the Hideaway: http://www.stroudgreen.haringey.sch.uk/?p=4066 <br><br>I'm really looking forward to sending my baby daughter there in a few years! <br><br>If you have any questions about the school, do post them up and I'll try and find the answers for you - it'll be a good way for me to learn more too...