Jubliee Street Parties

2»

Comments

• @ miss annie.  The queen is a representation of class in this country. Why worship a queen. Seems crazy to me.  She's just a person like us. Why give her all the special attention. I have friends from all clases and races.  I judge people on who they are as friends and I have friends from all backgrounds.  But I want class to be watered down as much as possible in this country.  This is a forum where we can debate this without calling people 'dickheads' as one person seems to do on here (not you Miss Annie) when she doesn't get her spoilt way.  Up the republic and down with the monarchy.  England is a great country, 
  • @wisteria53,<br><br>May I have a cupcake? <br>
  • <p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 15px; color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 16px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><strong>The cancellation of the Last Jubilee punk festival at bath Racecourse 2 days before the event started has caused a lot of anger on the internet.</strong></p><strong style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 16px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 15px; ">The 3 day festival, featuring classic punk bands, had many long term watchers feeling nervous about the whole affair but even they were surprised by the last minute cancellation that has left some people out of pocket from travel and hotel bills.</p></strong><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 15px; color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 16px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><strong>The promoters claim the council pulled the festival, plenty of other people in the last few weeks were nervous about the event, wondering if it would go ahead…it’s hard to get the whole story- there’s lots of rumours but at the moment, the official line is that it looks like the council pulled it.<br></strong><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">. ”</span></p>
  • Another reason to wonder about Jubilee class politics. See above.
  • Ah kreuzkav.  I've missed you.<br><br>In the sense that I've been aware that you were gone.<br><br>I'm a republican, and deeply sceptical of this jubilee malarkey. But the infantile way that you talk about this makes me want to don a Prince Phillip mask and go batter a foreigner.  As ever, you're your own worst enemy.  Your social worker probably says the same.<br>
  • edited June 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
  • <P>For the 0.001% of the Stroud Green.org population who do not spend their entire free time partying, I was told of an anti-party party, c'est-a-dire, anti- queen, jubilee, selfish capitalism, etc etc. Victoria Rd tomorrow, 7 - 9.</P> <P>I shan't be there. In my dotage, I have come to loathe all parties, and so, like Hector, I shall be sulking in my tent until it's over. </P> <P>Well...   perhaps just a tiny visit to the excellent Vagabond.   Or three.</P>
  • I get the impression that I approached the Silver Jubilee as a young, impressionable six year-old (cub scout, with all the overt enforced monarchism that that entails) as some of you do this weekend's celebrations. Shame on you. Having read today's Evening Standard and its objectionable Deluxe glossy magazine I realised the whole shebang has been subverted to be nothing more than an attempt to fleece as much cash as possible from the ordinary, hard-working populace. Suggestions for avoiding the whole fucking charade will be gratefully received.
  • <p>Gosh, wait 'til the Olympics comes around - that's the ultimate fleecing opportunity! Weeks and weeks of McDonalds, Coca Cola et al lining their grubby little pockets. It's costing you way more than the Jubilee is.</p>
  • edited June 2012
    @Mirandola: Sorry but the cupcakes went fast at the street party - lots to children who probably couldn't read in any case.  Party still rocking and rolling....
  • edited June 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So I'm sure the street party was lovely and all, but when are the perpetrators going to take down the bunting? Cornwall road is now left with bits of bunting hanging loosely from lamp posts and bushes, I nearly got garotted yesterday by a piece across the pavement.<div>Damn you queenie and your longevity!</div>
  • <p>Off with your head yagamuffin!</p><p>You want to see Charteris Rd, it's balloon and buntingtastic! They were having a right old knees up when I walked through on Monday.</p><p>I had a stall at the Diamond Jubilee Festival in Battersea Park on Sunday and was in The Mall yesterday. It was a brilliant weekend despite the weather.</p>
  • We went to Ossian Road and Mount Pleasant's parties. Fun had by all and made some new local mates.