Olympics

124»

Comments

• My view has always been 'I'm not interested in sport, but I think it's a great thing to have it'. This is still my view. I think we showed the world that London is the best city in the world and that it rocks to be British. I even watched some of the sport. Andy Murray getting gold and Anthony Joshua and Luke Campbell getting their golds in boxing. Boxing being one of the few sports I actually like.<br><br>I didn't watch the closing ceremony. Having read the tweets I believe I made the right decision. <br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2012
    <P>Closing ceremony looked the part - particularly liked Damien Hirst's set - but rather taken aback by the billing that this was the best of 50 years of British music. Russell Brand? One Dimension etc. Dear oh dear. </P> <P>Thought the opening ceremony was amazing - and just what one might expect of Danny B. But the BBC commentary was diabolical - talking over Evelyn Glennie and Mike Oldfield. If we needed a narrator we could have had someone better than Hazel Irvine (not to mention the other idiots). And they were still wittering on during the closing ceremony. You would have thought the Beeb would be a bit more sensitive after the mess they made of the Jubilee, but this seems all part of the dumbing down (are people not able to see for themselves what is going on?)</P>
  • edited August 2012
    <p>Trevor Nelson was awful both times, just spouting a load of nonsense. All big occasions should just be handed over to Clare Balding and Sue Barker from now on.</p><p>Particularly miffed that the BBC kept referring to the Union Jack, it should be the Union Flag on land!</p>
  • Absolutely loved it, watched as much as I possibly could - which was a lot - and went to 2 events. Totally bereft now it's over. On the rare occasions I reluctantly dragged myself off the sofa and left the house, people were lovely - there was even chatting on the Tube! Roll on Paralympics!