Public Image Ltd (John Lydon)

edited August 2012 in General chat
<p>Having just read an article about former Sex Pistol John Lydon's new band 'Public Image Ltd' he mentions that the video for 'One Drop' is about his early youth in Finsbury Park. A considerable amount of the footage is also shot around the area including on Seven Sisters Road, outside the station and the park etc.</p><p><a href="">

Comments

• edited August 2012
    He grew up in the Andover Estate. I'm not an expert on his type of music but hasn't he been with PIL for a while now?
  • <P>Yeah PIL was formed a long time ago </P> <P> </P> <P>I heard the money he made from the butter adverts was reinvested back into the band </P> <P> </P> <P> </P>
  • edited August 2012
    Lydon formed PiL in 1978 I think, just a little while after leaving the Sex Pistols.  PiL's first few albums like Metal Box and the Flowers of Romance were quite good.  He grew up on the Six Acre Estate near the Andover.  He's been swanning around in L.A. for the last 30 years but comes back now and again to see Arsenal, play music and make butter ads.  I find him to be quite funny and sometimes still has interesting things to say.
  • PiL is at the Forum this Saturday.<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If Kreuzkav is right about the 1978 date, then this might have been the actual Public Image Limited</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/01377652</font></div>;
  • And here are the 7 company directorships currently held by Mr John Lydon, punk and company director.<div><br></div><div>http://levelbusiness.com/l9/john-lydon/companies</div>;
  • Yes, Lydon 'sold out'.<br><br>PiL's bass player, Jah Wobble, is still the man however.  See him if you can.  The man knows his dub.   I've seen him twice, and they were two of the best gigs I''ve been to, ever.<br>