FINSBURY PARK STATION SIGNAGE PETITION

2»

Comments

• Siloae, I've nearly done the same thing.  And I agree with the Park Theatre that a 'no exit to Wells Terrace' should be put under the Way Out/National Rail sign. So signed.
  • Well, you can't get to the Seven Sisters Road exit that way, either.  I think better to say "Way Out to Station Place".<br>
  • edited September 2012
    Or take away the Way Out and replace with National Rail. This petition is very SGR- centric surely you should be campaigning for detailed signage for Seven Sisters Rd, buses and Station Place too? Tosscat, I'll sign your petition.
  • The first few times I used FP station I got totally lost. But that might say more about my general lack of a sense of direction than the signage. A few of those 'Continuing your journey' maps would be useful.<br>
  • They certainly have one of those at Wells Terrace, not sure about the other exits. 
  • I use the exit that goes to the bus station and I've not noticed any. I should probably pay more attention.<br>
  • The exit that goes to which bus station?
  • Even if you are not confused, clearly some people are. Seems to me it won't do any harm and can only help people so why not sign?
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I don't see that new signs are needed. All they need to do is cross out the 'Way Out' bit on the 'National Rail' sign. That way everyone would take the normal exit and see the Well Terrace/Station Place signs.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I never understood why the National Rail exit is signposted as a way out anyway...</font></div>
  • That would pretty much do it, wouldn't it? And just generally mean fewer people using that spiral staircase which is by far the most difficult way up anyway.
  • Oh, there are two exits that go to bus stations aren't there? This is why I get lost isn't it? I mean the one that also goes to Silver Bullet.<br>
  • when you think about it, Finsbury park stations (Underground,overground,bus) are a NIGHTMARE until you get used to it ie after about four years of living in the area.<div><br></div><div>I did it AGAIN and went up the National Rail staircase the other day, on autopilot.</div><div><br></div><div>It really is a misleading sign, but to be pernickety - you can exit the station that way, too, in a very convoluted way.</div>
  • edited December 2017
  • The National Rail/Exit sign at tube platform level is just wrong.
  • edited September 2012
    I wonder if people tend to navigate by landmarks more than street names.   For years I wasn't really aware of where Wells Terrace actually was.   Station Place and Wells Terrace sound kind of generic.   Who calls else refers to it as Station Place anyway?  Isn't the bus stop called 'Finsbury Park Interchange'?    <div><br></div><div>Going by the number of people who ask me the way, a lot of people, who despite existing as a pulsating dot on their phones seem to get lost between the station and the Faltering Fallback.<div><br></div><div>I've heard people giving directions saying 'it's the side where the buses are' or 'the side with the bridge' which obviously is of no help.   I used to tell people to turn left by the waffle van.    At least now in terms of the Stroud Green exit, I can say 'it's the side where the theatre is'.</div><div><br></div><div>I like the Old Street system, just number the exits, I never get lost there.</div></div>
  • I've done the bridge thing! Then realised there are two bits with bridges so it was no help at all.<br>
  • Thanks for starting the petition. 3 exits on one platform is just crazy! you can guarantee visitors take the National Rail exit and then they are f**ked!!
  • MHPMHP
    edited September 2012
  • RoyRoy
    edited December 2012
    TfL have updated their station signage!<br><br>The overhead sign now says 'For Wells Terrace use exits further along the platform' and there are additional (new) signs on the wall at the exit saying 'No exit to Wells Terrace'<br><br>roy<br>
  • Yes. They did this some time ago. Not before time.