Would love to see a waitrose at SGR!

2»

Comments

• Ah yes, you mean Mah Bros, great undiscovered resource for SG. A tad intimidating at first but if you want saucepans by the dozen and rice by the cwt it's the place to go
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How can we get people to stop shopping at the tesco? Horrible place, constantly seeing people with the bags on SGR.
  • <P>I shop at Tesco occasionally but I try to bring my own bags. Same as any supermarket in my opinion. </P>
  • Why shouldn't people shop at Tesco? A lot of people shop on a tight budget. Tesco is cheap. When you have only a limited amount to spend organic food, delis, and the likes of Waitrose and M&S are a luxury not an everyday part of life. I don't enjoy any part of the Stroud Green Tesco experience, but it is cheap and, mostly, convenient. I use Ash's for fruit & veg and Dunn's for the odd luxury cream cake. Our Tesco is not great but the one in Islington near where I work is fabulous, their yellow sticker section is where most of our shopping comes from these days.
  • In fact I'm going there now to buy sewing machine lightbulbs. They don't sell those babies in Waitrose!