Red Rita's , N4 pub, Fonthill , Duke of Edinburgh pub - new theme

13»

Comments

• This is a vital question for me but you stock pork scratching don't you?
  • Mary, love. Don't debase yourself any further. It's getting sad. Love Chang
  • edited December 2017
  • Pork scratchings are a pub essential. I'm glad the Fonthill's getting a push up in the world, sounds good, I always thought it had some potential from back in the Red Rita days.<br><br>I'll be in for a pint sometime.<br><br>I liked the Auld Shillelagh, when I've ended up drinking in there. <br>
  • A new sign is going up.
  • <span style="font-style: normal;">Had a chat with the barman today. He's </span><i>lovely</i>. Didn't ask about pork scratchings but they are definitely doing food and proper beer, and the Railway is definitely becoming a coffee shop. 
  • Not according to the project description on the Railway's door. Says residential apartments.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Flats above, coffee shop below.
  • Those flats will be bloody noisy places to live what with station announcements and strawberrygrapebanana in full flow.
  • Danny is apparently buying one of the flats for his straberrygrapecherrybanana lads Chang
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @miss annie Get someone lazy enough and they'll be happy to be that near the pub. More in general - it seems that the new owners will only invest properly in the Edinburgh if they see it getting trade. So we'd better use it or we risk it going back to the bad old Fonthill days. Before I get jumped on: I didn't dislike the Fonthill because poor people went there. It was a shit pub because it was unwelcoming bordering on threatening and because the notices in the windows asking patrons not to sell drugs/piss outside/fight seemed all too necessary.
  • I wouldn't mind living there (railway) very good for transport but noisy with all the market calls (and future demolition) goin on. The Fonthill N4 etc was a good pub for sport and rap. Many love it. Chang
  • So I was just walking by this place on the way to a bbq and thought I'd swing by. Pleasantly surprised. Two decent ales, nice decor. No food yet, but there will be in future. For years this has been the closest pub that I'd never been in. Pleased to have remedied that, and I will definitely come again. The guvnor seems nice.
  • There right now. It's nice and relaxed. Somewhere to try to remember.
  • Really Chan, is that so? More like midnight bar brawls.
  • This weekend is Emirates Cup both days so a good chance to come down get smashed watch the game and have a good party. Doubt the new landlord will let the strippers in again but it's bound to be a classic couple of SG nites. I only wish the cellar disco had been finished and open. Chang
  • Walked past this around seven thirty on the way home. Pretty busy with a friendly-looking mixed (age, race, gender, class) crowd having a cheerful Friday night. Exactly what a backstreet boozer should be like.
  • Yay indeed. And Krappy, yes I stole my name from Pico Della Mirandola though I don't know much about him, shamefully.
  • I can't believe this place is going up market. I miss the lively banter (ok a few fights), footie rivalry (ok the odd stabbing), the romantic crowd (few prossies on Thursdays after the BBQ ) and party nites (ok the cops were often there 2). It was typical of the residents of Fonthill and Moray in them days and always felt part of the local scene. Now it will be all guy Richie and beyonce burgers on steamed lettuce. Chang
  • I wouldn't call it upmarket, it's not aiming for the red trouser brigade. It's less yobby and grubby for sure, just feels like a friendly neighbourhood pub now. The test will be this weekend as the Emirates has football on.
  • 3.30. There is no one in here less than 15 stone. Cept me and the ginger cat scratching flees. The Carling is off. No red trousers that I can see. Chang