Value 4 Money & SG Post Office

edited July 2013 in Local discussion
My mate visiting pointed out what an eyesore these shops make with there big displays of plastic stuff taking up half the pavement. V4m is stuffed with the same items so I can't see the point. Is it even legal to do this? Looks so depressing. Chang Ps the ppl in these shops are lovely specialt the girl with Tatoo at the post office desk.

Comments

• It is an eyesore, I agree.<div><br></div><div>Nothing personal against the shops (I really like the guys in V4M), but the post box has become indistinguishable from the tatter: one could do a "Where's Wally" type of puzzle and try to find it...and on top you have the stuff from the shop that used to be "Chez Liline"...</div><div>Not sure if the council are aware...</div><div><br></div>
  • I quite like it, especially the religious stuff outside Chez Liline. It looks like the nest of a deranged magpie.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Agree it's a bit of an eyesore, V4M is great though. Must pee them off that they have to pay for a premises when someone else is just pitching up. 
  • Hadn't noticed all the stuff outside the post office till yesterday - a bit of a mess. And when did Chez Liline become a kebab place? Also peered through Rub's shutters - they have a kitchen, tables & chairs, so that's a start!<div><br></div>
  • Jonty rang the council about all the pavement "products" and they said if enough ppl complain in writing they would get the shops to work within the guidelines which is no tat. Some hope. Chang
  • Not a fan of all the stuff there either. It looks cheap and tatty and if I need something throwaway cheap, I go to Value for money or a pound shop.<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love that statue, I'm very fond of a bit of iconography. It was still there yesterday.
  • Sunday and that stretch of 3 or 4 shops from post office to Tesco looks terrible . And nobody buying anything. Presumably the closed shops (chez l) get some rent but this bargain basemt look is making SG look crap. Why not do a Sunday farm market there or proper craft stalls on thurs to sat? Chang
  • I would love to see a farmers market in FP, that concrete bit up there, where they do cycle training.<br>
  • No problem with V4M or the set up outside the PO - I like an array of mops, buckets and rolls of table cloth on the pavement.<br><br>The spread outside Liline's is a a mess though. <br><br>Too small for Farmers Markets or Craft Stalls-   and they're just sub-brands or codes for more expensive, like Organic,   but not always better.     <br><br><br>
  • @Stella, Harringay Market initially wanted to use FP, but the council refused to let them. Don't quite understand why...
  • Yeah, big shame. I'd love to have something like Ridley Rd. market here. Love it there. Would be perfect for the community here.<br>
  • I have to (mostly) disagree twinspark. I sell my wares at a number of craft and vintage fairs, large and small. The vast majority of makers underprice if anything. Making things takes time and most makers don't even come close to covering a minimum wage for themselves. I don't think that Stroud Green Road could support a craft/vintage market though. Shameless plug... I'll be setting up stall at a festival in the Olympic Park on Sunday 28th, happy to furnish interested parties with details if you message me.