The Faltering Fullback

edited August 2013 in Local discussion
Hi all<br><br>Does anyone here live near the Fullback? If so, are you experiencing problems with antisocial behaviour caused by the pub?<br><br>For instance, do they stay open beyond their licence? Is there a problem with people drinking on the street too late?<br><br>The Fullback strikes me as a splendid pub, and an asset to the wider area. However it seems like it may not be such an asset to those living in the immediate vicinity, as there are reports that it may not be following the rules and consequently making people's lives a misery. It is located in otherwise exclusively residential backstreets, and perhaps ought to be more tightly controlled than a high street establishment. I’m aware of similarly-located pubs elsewhere that are not allowed to have drinks taken outside after a certain time (or at all), even if they don’t have a beer garden (let alone an ‘Ewok village’).<br><br>I've been asked to look into this. Hopefully any issues can be resolved by conciliation, but there may be action that can be taken if that fails. <br><br>Let me know. If you would prefer to send me a private message please go ahead, or email me at bmyr@haringeylibdems.org<br>

Comments

• On one a half sides there is  the school.  I have wonderred how people don't complain about noise from the top of the outside psace which is right up against the neighbours.  I ahve alsways assumed they getfree beer for life !
  • I'm pretty close (Oxford Rd) and if there are ASB problems they don't stretch this far - no excessive noise, for instance. I've been on Perth Rd about 11pm-ish a couple of nights this week, and no drinkers lurking outside. I'd imagine this is a problem more evident on long warm nights?
  • No point complaining about noise if you choose to live next to a pub. See Stapleton fireplace thread.
  • Sometimes they spill into Lorne Road snogging. But is that anti social I don't know but the drink does it. Chang
  • It's a bit like complaining about noise during the day when you live next to a school. The secondary I work for got a Noise Abatement notice from Camden Council a couple of years ago citing children in the play areas and the bells/buzzers for lesson change.  The then headteacher wrote back to them asking if he was supposed to gag the children during lunch and break times....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I like the pub but it's definitely got rowdier in the past couple of years - feels like a younger crowd - and they're out on the street more. Perhaps I've just got older and less rowdy though. We had to get double-glazing in the bedroom because we couldn't sleep. Was there a lock-in last night? It felt like it. Then something else went down with three police cars and an ambulance. Not sure if that had anything to do with the Fullback though. Kind of agree with all of you - we did choose to live on the same street as the pub, partly because we like it, so can't be too grumpy about it. That said, I think they should be strict on some of the rules esp given they're not on a high street - no drinking on the road, don't stay open past closing time and maybe try to stop selling alcohol to the already wasted. <br>
  • edited August 2013
    Nancy,  I moved onto a main street, Stroud Green road, not through choice but because I'm a social tenant.  I was a bit disappointed, mostly due to buses and traffic.  Te<span style="font-size: 10pt;">n years ago Chapter One closed fairly early and there was no smoking ban, it was a bit annoying with noise over the summer but I'm a fairly easy going man and was out a lot so didn't really get uptight about.  Things changed around 2007.  Chapter One (now World Cafe) started to play generic house music at full volume, smokers went outside.  Still not too bad as I was out most Friday and Saturdays.  Then in 2010 during an early summer heatwave Sugar Lounge took the piss.  They had about 50 plus people sitting outside the pub illegally (should have consulted the law more) shouting their heads off on lethal cocktails....  It took us a few years to get wise but the residents fought back and got the late license revoked.  It's now a restaurant and the resident are happy.  Message of the day: don't put up with crap, life is short and there is no afterlife. Stand up for your rights!</span>
  • @nancyccampbell I wonder if the younger crowd is due to all the publicity the pub's getting? It keeps getting written up in Time Out etc which is attracting a different audience from what the pub might otherwise get. <br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • And the Harry Potter freaks after Daniel Radcliffe filmed that video there.
  • I have never ever ever been able to get a seat at the bloody pub past 3pm.
  • Sit on the floor then
  • So, it's a machete, meat cleaver AND a long knife. What, did he have some kind of giant Swiss Army knife?!
  • That sounds incredibly serious  :(