Comments

• A very well deserved review. But where is it? I have just (re)searched the Going Out section of today's Standard, and can't see it anywhere. What page is it on?
  • Paola is totally brilliant and I recommend the pasta dishes. We are lucky to have the lovely Paola who alongside Vitor and Gita and Danny are the true stars of SG. Now open lunchtime weekends too!!! Chang
  • How many people were there? A lot of wine was drunk.
  • 30 people, I was one if them . Chang
  • Chang, you were 30 people?  I've heard of the holy trinity but this is multiplied by 10.  
  • Very good if eccentric review, nice to see FP becoming a gastro hub.<br><br>Andy - poll?   Il Piccolo Diavolo or Osteria Tufo?<br>
  • edited November 2013
    Il Piccolo Diavolo is a lovely place.  I love the name too.
  • The bill was £158! Bloody hell.
  • Two bottles of chianti and two glasses of house white, not to mention diet coke - it all adds up.... Sound like my kind of people to have supper with (not the diet coke bit though).
  • Just back from there, and our bill wasn't anything like that. But the serving of calves' liver was so big that I've brought a fair chunk home for tomorrow's lunch!
  • £158 for two people in a local restaurant is quite a lot - but I suppose if you have a job that enables you to take your friend out to dinner on expenses, then you might as well go for it on the wine front! 
  • They also ate an astonishing amount for 2 people - 4 starters & 3 mains??
  • edited November 2013
    In that enthusiastic review which i have pinned to the fridge, She does say she left the place "fatter" which is not a lie. and her friend Hannah had to be rolled out she stuffed so much down (or it could have been the red wine she was mainlining - probably both, but why not if its free eh? ?!) Anyway the main thing is it is a GREAT restaurant and the food can even turn nice girls like these into to raving gluttons.Go Paola!!!! Chang
  • I had dinner there on saturday night, and Paola said that the phone had been ringing off the hook all day.<div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Post parents evening meal. Good food, nice staff, no booze as I was driving so back early for the babysitter.<div><br></div>
  • We ate their last night, first time for me but not for my wife.<br><br>As Andy says Paola said it's gone completely bananas since the review. Her words were that it had changed her life.<br><br>I thoroughly enjoyed it. Porchetta to share, followed by cacciouco, a fantastic squid, swordfish and mussels in a broth, and half the wife's pasta, pappardelle with luganica sausage. All that with a bottle of house red was £50.<br><br>Good atmosphere, good people, good food. <br><br>Irony of that Grace Dent review is that Osteria Tufo is just another great neighbourhood restaurant for Stroud Green. We have an abundance of riches and should be very grateful.<br><br><br>
  • Not that abundant . This is unique. Paola is an angel and a saint. Her husband is the same . I'm please there hard work has paid off. The food and people are awesome, including the waiters. Chang