David Philips Estate Agents

edited November 2013 in Local discussion
<p>I see that David Philips Estate Agents are still trading despite the increasing reports of landlords & tenants losing money in dealing with this company (see reviews on <a href="http://www.allagents.co.uk">www.allagents.co.uk</a>). Tenants should be aware that they may have to go to the courts to get the deposit back. Landlords have not been paid rents despite it being paid by the tenants, they may also find them having to pay back the tenants deposit that was not paid into a deposit protection scheme.</p><p>How long before the latest company follows David Copestakes previous companies into liquidation?</p><p>If you are selling the law gives you more protection but why risk it?</p><p> </p>

Comments

• My landlord used to use DP but switched a while back. Perhaps this explains why.
  • <p>I know the staff at David Philips are fans of this web site, but rather than contact asking me to contact them to discuss a compromise would they like to post on this site and others...</p><p>1. Apologies to landlords & tenants that lost rent & deposit money. For the time & money spent chasing DP. For the false excuses given for the problems.</p><p>2. The reason it all went pear shaped.</p><p>3. What are you doing now that is any different? Have you joined an ombudsman scheme that covers your letting business?</p><p>With your history why would anyone use you?</p>