Yoga in the area, recommendations?

edited November 2013 in Local discussion
Hey! I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good vinyasa flow yoga class in the area? <div>Has anyone one been to morefit, micycle, the factory gym or sobell centre for yoga? I know there's yoga junction which is a bit far but is there anywhere else or a teacher any one can recommend? preferably weekends. <div><br></div><div>Since the girls stopped doing yoga in the park I need to get my weekend fix from somewhere. I do go to a great class on Mondays in Angel but would like somewhere closer to home. </div></div><div><br></div><div>I might try 4pm at morefit on Saturdays if I can make that time. </div><div><br></div><div>Thanks x</div>

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hey Matt. I really miss the yoga in the park especially after park run. I am going to try a new one in manor House climbing centre on Sunday, will let you know how it goes.<div><br></div><div><a href="http://madschri.com/the-biggest-room/">http://madschri.com/the-biggest-room/</a> </div>;
  • Misscara I think that one is yoga junction, I have heard good things about that place so I'll check out their timetable. <div><br></div><div>Sutent - please let me know how it goes at the climbing centre. I've never tried Kundalini yoga not sure if it will be my thing I like a good vinyasa flow class. </div><div><br></div><div>I really miss Hana & Aya's class they were great! shame they couldn't find anywhere to do it during the cold/wet days. </div>
  • On facebook they have a few sessions in Islington somewhere. I am trying to work out who you are as there are not many men there. <div><br></div><div>The Crouch End place not surprisingly is very expensive<br><div><br></div><div>Yes will let you know matt</div></div>
  • Sobell do a lot of yoga classes, you don't have to be a member so can pay & go, cost around 7 pound I think. I use the centre a lot myself but not for yoga, but the classes seem quite popular.
  • Sutent - I've been going to their classes for over 2 years now so I'm a regular, sometimes my partner comes and last couple we bought our baby along with us. I've been to Hana's classes when she's done them at the Islington Arts Factory. <div><br></div><div>Kittygal - Thaks I'll check out the Sobell timetable. </div>
  • edited November 2013
    <div><br></div><div>I went to Yoga Junction in Crouch End for a while and I liked the class and teacher.</div><div>She then left the centre as she did not get enough people for the next round of lessons and I did not go back...</div><div>It was roughly £10 a lesson, if I remember correctly... Not sure it's the one that MissCara means, as this one is not by the Kings Arm, is on Weston Park, the  road at the side of KFC, at the junction with Inderwick Road.</div><div><br></div>
  • There's a newish yoga centre in Crouch End in the left turn at the bottom of Crouch End Hill, just by Costa Coffee - don't know why the road name has deserted me ... The yoga place is hot yoga, ie I assume  bikram variant; not my sort so I haven't been, but probably worth a go if you like that style.<div><br></div><div>Yoga Junction does a range of styles depending on teacher - their teachers do come and go a bit, but some of them are very good. Tara's Sunday class is popular. The teaching space isn't great, though, with a dozen people it's cramped.</div><div><br></div><div>The YMCA on Tottenham Lane - a bit further away still - runs classes, and one of their weekend teachers has a fairly vinyasa influenced style - I don't know if he's still there, though - name is Danny.</div><div><br></div><div>The Sobell has some good weekend teachers, or did when I was last going there, a couple of years ago - relatively challenging as I remember - especially Becca. But the classes were big. (Same goes for YMCA.)</div>
  • Hi Kate. Thanks for the info and tips. <div><br></div><div>I'm not really into 'hot' yoga I sweat enough as it is and that Bikram fella doesn't seem to be the nicest person from what I read about him and his female students. </div><div><br></div><div>I heard yoga junction is small. </div><div><br></div><div>YMCA is a bit far. </div><div><br></div><div>I think I'll check out sobell and maybe the factory gym place but I do prefer an independent teacher. </div><div><br></div><div>If anyone is interested I love my Monday night class with Sally in Angel - <a href="http://www.stretchingthecity.com/">http://www.stretchingthecity.com/</a> great teacher, classes are always varied and fun! </div>
  • <div><br><div>I have  seen a yoga class advertised in Leeds Place, off Tollington Park, where the School of Capoeira is, but no direct experience.  I have also heard that they do Yoga upstairs at the Helan Centre in Crouch End and at Park View Pool.</div></div><div>I am looking for a class on a friday morning - Hatha or "gentle yoga"...</div>
  • More Fit is excellent on the traditional side. Chang
  • I like Tara at Yoga Junction, used to go years ago when they were still in City North.
  • Matt - the yoga in Manor house climbing centre was wonderful. Its in a small room and no singing birds unlike Fins park. Lots of singing and chanting and we all had ginger tea together after. I can't wait to go back. only £5
  • There's yoga at integrated body dynamics near Londis on Ferme Park Road
  • have you tried app called Om Finder? that should find all yoga classes in the area ...
  • thanks for all your suggestions. I'll try that om finder app sounds interesting. 
  • Hana & Aya are back! Yay!! <div><br></div><div>Finsbury Park racing track on Saturdays and Wednesdays at 10am till 11am - £7 </div><div><br></div><div>plus now they have a class at the Castle - Saturday 2pm - 3pm - £8 </div><div><br></div><div>Hopefully back outside when the weather recovers :) </div>
  • Aya is back? Oh no! When I last spoke to her a few months ago, she'd moved to New York and was hoping to stay on! But good news for us, to have her back :)
  • I'm not 100% sure Aya is back, so might just be Hana. 
  • We'll just have to go along to find out! Aya's changed her FB profile photo to a flyer for the classes...