Fabrizio Restaurant & Pizzaria

edited November 2013 in Local discussion
Finally got round to checking this place out today. Fantastic pizza, possibly changing my view on who does the best in Stroud Green. Thin, crispy base, but soft dough. I had Calabrese which was Nduja sausage, peppers, rocket and buffalina cheese. Lush. The chef is from Naples and you can tell.<div><br></div><div>The place was dead, but it shouldn't be. I'd recommend you put it on your Italian food rota, and give it a try. I think they need to make the place feel a bit warmer (a bit like what we said to Piccolo Diavolo), but the staff are super friendly and very hospitable. It has a sister restaurant on Highgate Hill opposite the hospital, so they're here for the duration rather than a flash in the pan.</div><div><br></div><div>I'm loving the Italian theme running through the community at the moment. Its making for very good eating!</div><div><br></div><div>He said check toptable for some 50% off midweek offers. </div>

Comments

• Crouch hill. Opposite the noble.
  • Fabrizio's was oddly quiet last night. We've tried to get in on a Friday or Saturday night before when there hasn't been a single table free. We'd go for a quick pint in The Noble and the manager would pop over to tell us when our table was ready. Also, when The Noble's kitchen was closed over the summer we had Fabrizio pizzas delivered to the tables outside the pub.
  • This is the Tufo effect. Queues and madness as Paola rules SG. Hope all the other restaurants will have a bit if her magic soon! Chang
  • I saw this being done up and then never ventured in to check it out. I thought it may be a restaurant but then thought it looked a bit takeaway still. Will definitely have to go in for pizza, especially with a Calabrese on the menu.<br>
  • Can confirm it's very good. I posted about it about a month ago and I think Chang was the only other to say he'd been. Bit skint for eating out at the moment, having to save up for the olive oil do, but will be back!
  • Yeh it is a good contrast to the massive and good pizza spewing empires of Porc and Pap . It is smaller more personal, home loved and not 'a place to stuffa your face' more to have a romantic nite with less stuffing and more spice. Chang
  • Went last night for the first time.  Thin, crispy base with just the right amount of v.g. topping; best pizza I've had in a very long time.  Will go back to try non-pizza offerings if it's still there - there were only two other people there at 8.30.  Please go everyone - charming waitperson/manager and, on the basis of the pizza, excellent food.  It needs support....
  • yes don't be put off by the empty tables. I've had pizza from them a few times and I think its the best in the area. Really friendly staff and good quality food. Give them a try...
  • Serendipity. Was looking for a good pizzeria that delivered, so will try them Sunday.
  • Yes, they deliver.  Telephone no. 020 7272 7358. You don't need to go through Just East who presumably take a percentage.  Went past there tonight at just after 9p.m. and it looked empty.  I can't understand it when other SGR eateries seem to be (fairly) flourishing with much less justification.  Maybe it's the location - I seem to remember a Polish restaurant (Magical Buska) there and then it was the takeaway Pizza Bella.  
  • Tried their pizza tonight.  It's very good!  Crispy and thin and really well crafted. We'll be going back for more, lovely chaps too.
  • It was the pizza shop in Shaun of the dead
  • Just saw my housemate demolish a pizza from there in 5 minutes flat. He's a bit of a foodie and says it was most definitely delicious. 
  • Just got it. Spot on. Support your local!
  • Will try for lunch tomorrow (Sunday).
  • edited December 2013
    Lunch was great ... thanks for asking ... had the specials ... very nice indeed. The main menu looks great and is well priced ... the room is very comfortable ... bright and modern without being at all cold ... friendly and efficient service ... also, the loos are spotless, unlike some other nearby eateries. Will go there again ... [double entendre intended].
  • I ordered a delivery from there yesterday, had a 1/2 metre pizza. It was lovely and is definitely the best pizza I've had in the area and very reasonable priced too.