Flickr

edited March 2007 in About this site
I'm thinking of hooking up a Flickr account that all members could add to. It'd then be an additional tab on the menu. What people think? Don't know exactly how it'd work yet but it'd be a way of local photo sharing on the site without us having to carry the bandwidth etc.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Hi David. I run a <a href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/finsburypark/pool/">Finsbury Park Group</a> on Flickr which currently has only 20 members. I'd be happy for any locals to submit their pics. I did try Stroud Green only, but there are too few photos tagged with Stroud Green on Flickr (apart from mine) and most usually involve someone decorating their house or something...

I have my own <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/speckyfoureyes/sets/72157594373428343/">Stroud Green</a> set on Flickr to. If you wanted to set up your own account I'd happily send my pics to your group. If not more than happy for you to link to mine and I'll encourage more Finsbury Park and Stroud Green snappers to join the group.
  • edited March 2007
    Cheers, it'd certainly be a start. I'm trying to look into a way of automatically having this forum's members being able to upload into a flickr group from this site that displays on this site. sort of integrate more but use flickr in the background.
  • edited 3:58AM
    I was thinking it would be tricky as everyone would have a Flickr account to submit to a joint pool of photos...
    There's a Flickr extension for Vanilla, which put your Flickr photostream on your Vanilla profile page. There's also one for Last.fm
    Yeah, I was thinking more a pool though. The stuff that goes on profile pages doesn't really do it for me.
    Maybe the extension could be modded to turn it into a communal thing like the excellent directory map.
  • edited April 2007
    yeah I'm thinking by being a member of this site, you're already logged into one flickr account, an upload page is on here and the gallery gets displayed here, but the engine is all flickr, just in the background.
    Sounds ideal