Top 3 Heroes of the SG Year RESULTS!

Comments

• edited December 2013
    I once had to put down a hyena cat . The laughing noise haunted me ever since. The owner bought a budgie straight after. Much friendlier. Another nomination for hero is the lovely Mauritian lady who runs the fish shop near the post office. Always very friendly and she really knows her stuff. Dunno what happened to the restaurant tho...? Chang
  • I am very fond of you Misscara. I like reading what you write on here and am always interested in your view of things (even though I might not agree with everything - but that is allowed). More recently you haven't been the same and have been very negative about lots of things which is very much not like you. Its sad to think I wouldn't look after you if you needed anything, but that is your call. We might disagree about the name you called your funny friend earlier, and I was deeply offended by that. A postal worker actively chooses to work for that company whereas a homeless person doesn't choose to be like that. We have to agree to disagree on this matter. <div><br></div><div>Xmas handshake <br><div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div></div>
  • edited December 2013
    All together now...'when Misscara came in sight...' Chang
  • I just hope the flesh, wine and pine logs do the trick! ;) Chang
  • edited December 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • C'mon Melissa , lighten up ;) Chang
  • Um. I've not always agreed with Sutent, but he (or she) has never come across as sexist to me.
  • Am afraid I am not that socially intelligent, I wish I was. The issue regarding trouble was watching your back. I am not sure how we got on to kitchens and the 1950s. I would said the same whatever your gender. I know you don't give a fuck, but I do. I think there is little point continuing with this as you will interpret things they way you want to. So I will say sorry for any offence caused and extend a xmas hand as peace.
  • Our dogs want to nominate the kind butcher on Crouch Hill for hi services providing tasty snacks.
  • I'd like to nominate some of the staff at Tesco .  And I'm not being sarcastic.  I know some of them aren't too friendly but others have always been chatty and helpful..  
  • Final call for nominations ppl. Results announced on Saturday . Chang
  • Paola, as discussed. Also Andy for founding and maintaining this forum and for his heroic restraint in moderating. I would have told lots of people off by now.
  • I think Jo and those who organise PACT meals are pretty good contenders. After all, they feed people. Not as regularly and often as needed, perhaps, but they're educating about food not being thrown away and bring people together. I've been there, cooking, and it's always a nice atmosphere. People from all walks of life turn up and enjoy a good meal.<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I find a 'hero' should be someone who does something extraordinary for the community, not a person who's chatty at work. After all, working at Tesco, or anywhere where you need customer service skills, means you're expected to be friendly. What a sad world do we live in when smiling at work qualifies you for an award? It should be a given.<br><br>
  • I went to see Kiren today (dry cleaners) - he was delightful as ever. We also talked about the wonderful Afgan baker on Blackstock road who makes the best nan I have ever tasted. I know that doesn't deserve hero status but just thought I would mention. <div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • I always wanted to try their nans. Will go and get some next time I'll do a curry. <br>
  • edited January 2014
    @Stella, try their grandads too.<div><br></div><div>re definition, 'SG hero' here means:  gold bar - life saving services and.or high moral status ; silver medal - seriously impressive personal contribution . bronze  button -   charm, skill  and kindness personified eg gita in tesco, ping in Tollingtons;  . booby prize for 'whinger of the year' sponsored by Rocky from Chapter One . so there are 3 winners and a runner up</div><div><br></div><div>clock is ticking.<br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • I would say being friendly in a fairly difficult work environment qualifies you for 'hero' status.  Anyway, it was a bit of a joke.  <div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • Chang: Thanks for the giggle. <br>
  • Chang the whole of Stroud Green are waiting with bated breath for the announcement of the hero of 2013. Don't keep us waiting any longer!
  • Yes, I will not be able to toddle out to get any emergency teabags until I know :(
  • edited January 2014
    I am in south Devon missing London in a flood zone but my elves are in Lorne Rd rotting up the votes tonight....! Chang
  • Chang, you crack me up.<br><br><br>
  • I am still stuck in Devon in flooded bumvillle but will trumpet the wiynners soon as I get back to the familiar (dry) stink of Lorne Road! I can't wait to see the winners posted on the fridge door by the SG Elves and will let you know ASAP. Chang
  • edited December 2017
  • Joe, didn't you know that Devon still counts as greater London?<br>
  • Chang can't the Elves e mail or text you the results? Many of us are just too excited