Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Packaging

edited April 2007 in General chat
So just received a big box from Amazon. Roughly the size of a bankers box, inside it one printer cartridge the size of a double-decker - nay, a milky way. The rest of the box taken up by ludicrous padding which is completely unnecessary. It's not the first time this has happened. I'm not sure why I'm posting this but I've decided packaging has totally got out of hand.

Comments

• edited 5:34AM
    I experienced the same with my printer toner, ordered from Euroffice (30% site discount, 15% first time customer discount, totaling almost half off!) But then they did include a massive catalogue.

I reckon they only have one size of boxes to keep the costs down.
  • LizLiz
    edited 5:34AM
    Also particularly silly as Royal Mail are now mainly charging on size as well as weight so it must cost them more to send things in too big boxes. Maybe it's because they have a high breakage rate so it works out cheaper overall to send things in massive boxes with loads of packaging than pay for replacements?
  • edited April 2007
    Amazon have exceptional deals and discounts with the Post Office. The Post Office bends over for Amazon to use them.