Moped Idiot

edited February 2014 in Local discussion
Yesterday I was waiting at the lights facing Nandos when coming up Stroud Green Road is a Moped pulling a wheelie the length of the crossing. I know I passed a police car also stuck in the traffic. They got the idiot.

Comments

• The most dangerous on the road are moped drivers. You don't need a lisence to drive one which doesn't help. See them regularly going through cycle only sections. On Hornsey road a year or so back one overtook me on my right hand side, despite me being in the middle of the road, indicating right and seconds from turning!
  • I agree, before I got my bike licence I had a moped but I looked a bit of a prat on it. Would not get on one again.
  • edited February 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The CBT is your licence, after you pass it you then had 2 years to pass the full bike test. Not sure if that has changed now its been 15 years since I sat the test.
  • I used to love going to Brighton on a lambretta noshing the greasers. Do do need a small bum tho. Chang
  • Were you in quadraphinia Chang?
  • Detiritus is right. You have 2 years to pass. So you don't need a license to ride one (well, a provisional).
  • edited February 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2014
    Most are 49cc and can be fun I wouldn't want to be on something with that lack of power in London. I had been riding for years and got my bike licence before my car licence. After I passed my test I got a crappy little 250cc suzuki then a Gsx R600 I wanted a ninja 999 but that would have killed me. I ended up riding a trike with a 1.8lt engine mounted on a plastic pig frame with upside down Japanese forks. Ironically enough you didn't need any kind of licence to ride it even on motorways. It could easily top 110 mph.
  • When we were younger we rode a moped around a friends field, in the field were a few crab apple trees. The pillion passenger loaded a little air pistol on the helmet of the rider and had to shoot the others who were throwing apples at the bike. If you were shot you had to sit out the round. And if your apple hit the rider or shooter you swapped places. That was a little vespa if I remember correctly with a really twitchy throttle, so it was sluggish sluggish then took off like a stabbed rat. Bikes can be fun just dont attempt to shoot passing pedestrians on the ladder.
  • Misscara, can the DVLA not help?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Best people to ask are the cbt.
  • What they mean is your full bike licence. The CBT gives you the right to ride a small bike on the road for up to 2 years. In that time you then practice for your full bike licence. If you don't pass the full bike test or the 2 years runs out you sit the CBT again.
  • @ Detritus if that is your trike i can see on the pic strip i am insanely jealous.
  • edited February 2014
    Yes it is Toddlesocks, that one was hand made and I had a problem with fitting a fuel tank so it only has a small internal tank. There is a larger one on the back but it wasn't ideal had problems with the fuel cut off switch. But it could happily sit 4 people 3 on the back and driver. I'm after a boom trike made in Germany I have had my eye on one for a long time. I shall post a photo.
  • Detritus - I am the Chinese Phil Daniels.
  • Dude I have all kinds of images in my head now.
  • edited February 2014
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I can see why you would want the boom trike it is very impressive, looks like it ould sprout wings and fly.Best of luck in getting it one day.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><font size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><font size="2">I have always wanted a trike,  was resigned to never having one , now got my eye on this as an alternative.  </font></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><font size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://www.ukmobilityscooter.co.uk/mobility-scooter-reviews-drive-medical-sport-rider/</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><font size="2">Not exactly as impressive as the boom trike but does have the advantage of going on pavements.</font><br></font><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div></div>
  • edited February 2014
    I will keep n eye out for him, only seem one fleetingly in real life, they were ridiculously expensive, coming down a bit in price so am trying to wait a little.