Lancaster Road

edited April 2014 in Local discussion
Does anyone know what is going on at the Ferme Park Road end of Lancaster Road? It's been closed for a couple of weeks now. It looks like they are narrowing the road/widening the pavements  but work seems to have ground to a halt.<div><br></div>

Comments

• Uxb according to Hassan who spoke to a copper. Chang
  • Following a consultation some time back the Council are finally implementing road-narrowing and improvement of the pedestrian crossing. Proximity to the election surely has nothing to do with it. They appear to be doing the at the rate of one piece of paving stone per day.
  • You know it's a political game that all parties partake in...<div><br></div><div>But it will as much be spending end of year cash because if you don't use it you lose it.</div>
  • Speaking of using up the cash I saw the most pointless example on Monday. Re-tarmacing a small section of the service road outside vagabond.<div>Surely there are many more high priority spots around the borough needing a bit of new tarmac...?</div>
  • there are so many dangerous pot holes around. I wish I could cycle and note them down
  • Lancaster road seems an enormous unnecessary pain. However I'm really glad to see that they are *finally* resurfacing Stapleton Hall Road. Surely the most abominably potholed road in the country.
  • edited April 2014
    No, that would be Theobalds Road. They are like sinkhole on there, treacherous for cyclists.
  • Having witnessed the assholes racing along Lancaster Road everyday I think anything the council can do to slow the traffic and hopefully stop it being used as a rat-run can only be a good thing. Just a shame it's taking so long.
  • <span class="Apple-style-span">I was very pleased to see the road narrowing at the ends of Lancaster Road.   I used to live at the UTP end. I had to move because I couldn't stand the noise and vibrations of the constant vans and lorries using it as a rat run.    The humps just made it worse.   I also saw quite a few near misses with lorries cutting the pavement turning right into Lancaster Road from UTP.    </span>I sent quite a few emails to local members over several months, as I think other residents did.  <span class="Apple-style-span"><div><br></div><div>I always got thoughtful responses from Councillors, but yes, shame it to took years to get round to.   Not sure where all the traffic went to, when the road was closed.</div></span>
  • <div style="font-style: normal;">Hi. Below is the text of a letter my colleague Katherine Reece sent to all Lancaster Road residents in February letting them know about the works.  I hope this is helpful in explaining what is going on.  I do agree though that they have really dragged on...</div><div style="font-style: normal;"><br></div><div><div><i>Improving safety on Lancaster Road</i></div><div><i> </i></div><div><i>Over the last few years we have received many complaints about speeding on Lancaster Road, with too many cars and vans using the road as a cut through. <span style="font-size: 10pt;">That’s why the local Liberal Democrat councillors have been pressing Labour-run Haringey Council to make the road safer for local families.</span></i></div><div><i> </i></div><div><i>Over the last few years we have been successful in persuading the Council to improve both of the junctions at either end of Lancaster Road.  But whilst the improvements to the junction with Upper Tollington Park went ahead two years ago - the changes to the junction with Stapleton Hall Road have been repeatedly delayed.</i></div><div><i> </i></div><div><i>We have continued to press the Council, and they have now promised us that the improvement works will start in the next few weeks. The changes should slow down traffic turning into Lancaster Road and make it safer for pedestrians to cross.</i></div><div><i> </i></div><div><i>The council should be confirming details soon but do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.</i></div><div><i> </i></div><div><i>Kind regards,</i></div><div><i> </i></div><div><i>Cllr Katherine Reece</i></div></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Just remembered that I also <a href="http://www.richardwilson.me.uk/2014/03/24/narrow-road-junction-gets-long-needed-safety-improvements/">wrote about it on my blog</a> in March!</font><div><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div>