Virgin train tickets refund?

edited April 2014 in General chat
I've had one of my major blackout moments and went to Euston to book train tickets and bike space for the 28th of June (7.20am from Euston), to Stoke-On-Trent and back the next day (11.50 am or so). Problem is that I actually meant to book tickets for Burton-On-Trent. Major fail!<br><br>Does anyone know if I could get those tickets refunded? I fear it's probably not possible. :-(<br><br>Anyone fancy a day (and night) out in the north, going for a bike ride? Tickets were 24.<br>

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nah, I've booked the correct tickets separately after that epic fail of mine. Could kick myself for such stupidity. Will try to sell the tickets on as I can't imagine they'll take them back. It may be only 24 quid, but it's 24 I could have invested in the bike I'm going to build and it could have been a handlebar or SR stem, or maybe a seat post, or whatnot. I hate spending money for nothing. <br>
  • I would give Virgin customer services a call. They probably won't givea refund but it's always worth asking.
  • I have a return to York for Thursday - Friday that I no longer need. East Coast won't refund on corporate accounts so £100+ quid down the drain. As @Idoru says though, it is worth asking. When I used to go up to Cheshire every weekend with Virgin I got a refund on advance tickets a couple of times by actually pitching up at Euston and pleading with them. It was more than ten years ago but worth a try.
  • That's what I'm planning to do. 100+ quid is really ouch.<br><br>
  • Yeah, if they cover that area. From what I've seen, they don't. <br>
  • edited April 2014
    I just did something I shouldn't have done, or maybe should have done before buying the other tickets: check where SOT and BOT are, then I would have known that I didn't have to buy new tickets, but just cycle from SOT to BOT. Oh man, geography and that! I've really just wasted 19.50. I think I'm going to take the SOT train and maybe see if I can either cycle or get picked up by one of the guys. If stupidity would hurt ...<br>Although Google Maps tells me it takes 3 hours to cycle. Huh?<br>
  • Just wanted to update: Went to Euston today and the man very kindly refunded me the tickets. Well, I then bought tickets for 23 pounds to Thame on Friday. Oh, the excitement; I get around, don't I?<div><br></div><div>My losing a tenner afterwards put a dumper on my happiness. Silly, really. I never lose money, but it happened now twice in two months. </div>
  • Ha! That would mean he'd been following me around to Holloway Rd.!
  • Maybe it was you, in the end. <br>